Carter's Cafe 360 (Vivian) (First Build)

Re: Carter's Cafe 360 (First Build)

Thanks for the kind words fella's! I spent some time in the lab last night and was able to get a few things done. I stripped the tank down to bare metal (Again). welded on my rearset mounts,and replaced and welded my brake linkage bracket. I broke down and purchased some Durgram DIY rearsets and they are in hand and very nice! I also repositioned my clubmans more forward. After following soniers suggestion on the clubmans position and building my seat pan i soon realized that my big ass would be very uncomfortable. I know the new position isn't traditional but it will be way more comfortable for me! I plan on spending the night chipping away and hope to have her up and running by Sunday! I will post pics of the progress.

Really nice work on the 360, but the real reason I read through the whole thing is your avatar. Damn.

ok fellas, i finally completed the body work on the tank and seat pan. I would like to give a shout out to my brother Kenny for his help and tips with the body work! I welded in the rearset mounts and painted the rear of the frame again. I also redid the electronics tray and battery box.

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

Also picked up a new bike 1970 cb350 with 4,700 original miles check out the apes lol
IMG_1967.jpg

Looking really nice. I've looked over your build thread several times getting ideas for when I start one.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really wanted to get this scoot done before the Wv winter set in but I have redone so many things on this bike to suit my ocd. I just finished up the wiring (thanks you tom), the paint is done (thank you kenny), and I welded up a stronger/lower battery box last night to clear my pod filters. All that is left to do is cut and weld my shift/brake linkage for my rear sets, finish up my dash panel, and redo my exhaust. I picked up a cool supertrap muffler (with tuning disk) and will do a 2 into 1 collector. Should have her running this weekend i pray!
IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

Holy hell, good job man, that seat and tank look killer. Excellent OCD (AKA attention to detail)!

Alright guys she is coming down to the wire! Also we are getting some abnormal weather for this time of year and I should be able to get some riding in before the snow hits. Everything is wired and loomed, rearsets are mounted and linked, I am getting spark. Tonight I will slap on the tank,sync my carbs and take her out!

Updates! I got the bike together. Had a few issues with the float sticking but tore the carbs apart and fixed the issue. I spent today riding the bike and taking some photos along the way. I still need to sync the carbs and wrap the seat pad but I am all grins right now. The bike tracks straight and pulls hard. My baffles turned out really well and the exhaust isn't loud and obnoxious at all. I am very happy to say the least.
IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

Looks pretty sweet man! Love the color. :D

What did you use for rear set mounts since no one asked and I see they are not the factory passenger spots?

do you have pictures of under the seat, im more interested in your electronics box and how you mounted your seat

im planning on doing the same but also tucking the battery under the seat too

The bike is super. do you have more detail pics of the rearset work you did? Also the pipes look great. I am half ass looking into high pipes myself. for the addition of rear sets.

Back
Top Bottom