cb200 back to the cafe "lola"

Re: newbie cb200 build

gave the wire wheel a go all weekend and it did come up ok(thanks but I will have to take it to a metal worker to see if he can cut out the rust or worst case see how much to copy the shape and make a new pan. (I’m guessing tooooooo much lol) so we’ll see what I’m told this week. Was also thinking of a cl175 exhaust or a two into one. Any thoughts? Im leaning towards two into one.

with the cl exhaust, you will have to replace the left side cover with one from a 1974 CL200. Kind of a rare bird and the side cover is hard to find. Could do pods and eliminate the side covers, though.

Crash said:
with the cl exhaust, you will have to replace the left side cover with one from a 1974 CL200. Kind of a rare bird and the side cover is hard to find. Could do pods and eliminate the side covers, though.

exactly. I was going to say the same thing. With mine, I am using PODs and getting rid of airboxes anyways, but the CB200 covers won't fit with CL pipes.

I have a cb200 seat pan that's in pretty good shape. If you are interested in it shoot me a pm.

Predator in England makes a 2into1. They are stainless and waaay expensive. I ended building one for my 200 project. Lots of cool cl pipes are being used and look great too.
Kev

thanks guys im getting the buggered one sand blasted this week then am seeing if it can be patched. trying to keep it under $100aus. just purchased a new house as well with garage so i hope in jan we can start ripping into the bike and ill have a few more pics up of progress.

seat so far blasted, rust proofed then ready for patching

Attachments

• seat1.JPG
    seat1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 417
  • seat2.JPG
    seat2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 408
  • seat3.JPG
    seat3.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 410

Hey mate when you gonna get this on the road? gonna need someone to ride around with when I get my bobber done :p Lookin good so far like the colour!

Few things happening at the moment that’s delaying the complete strip of the cb200, in the process of buying a new home and the stress of that has meant the build is slowing down. Got one thing done though got a pair of uni filters for her but the flanges were to wide I was going to send them back and replace them, but had to buy new ones as the originals have gone “walkabout”(lost....... not good lol $58aus down the drain). But other than that fingers crossed I get this new home then she will be back in the fast lane.

Tank’s all done as well finished the emblems this week new clutch cable on order as well ill through some more pic’s up later this week. Thanks to dime have also got a bell black custom 500 helmet and cafe racer DVD watched the whole DVD in one day very sad of me lol, but it was very addictive. Thanks guys.

More pic’s

deepwaterimports said:
Few things happening at the moment that’s delaying the complete strip of the cb200, in the process of buying a new home and the stress of that has meant the build is slowing down. Got one thing done though got a pair of uni filters for her but the flanges were to wide I was going to send them back and replace them, but had to buy new ones as the originals have gone “walkabout”(lost....... not good lol $58aus down the drain). But other than that fingers crossed I get this new home then she will be back in the fast lane.

Tank’s all done as well finished the emblems this week new clutch cable on order as well ill through some more pic’s up later this week. Thanks to dime have also got a bell black custom 500 helmet and cafe racer DVD watched the whole DVD in one day very sad of me lol, but it was very addictive. Thanks guys.

More pic’s

G'day Mate, Looking forward to your build. I've looked at those Bell helmets and they are so nice. I just wish they came with Aust standard stickers inside.

Cheers Mega.

Hay mate the helmet is pretty very nice looking not sure the difference between dot and the aus standard will haven’t to look into it. All I know is that the THH ones and some of the aus open face ones out there aren’t that safe looking compared to the bell one. Do you know a site to check the standards and difference?

Got the seat done and hinges this week end just needing to upholster it now can’t wait to get that done. Used rust guard so well never have our little pitting and holiness again. some seat pics:

Attachments

• seat 4.JPG
    seat 4.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 415
  • hing1.JPG
    hing1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 399

Sorry for no updates recently have just bought a new house and it’s been fairly busy but as I now have a garage the striping can begin thought i would through up a pic of the new space i have to start.

Attachments

• garage.JPG
    garage.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,547

Congrats on the new work space. Looking forward to seeing what you do next with the bike.

So I thought id through up a few pics of recent purchases and the bike before I strip her. Got them a little while ago but.... new gaskets, lever covers, clutch and brake cable, patches, carby kit, and shinny new mirrors . Also a crude little sketch and brain storm of what I hope/imagine the bike to end up looking like fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,215

bits and quick sketch

Attachments

• 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,304
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,318
  • 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,393

Saltcafe said:
Where do you get those bolt kits and how much?

eBay mate just searched cb200 and there were a few sellers doing the alan head bolts just check they ship to tour country as a few don't. Think they were around ?30 aus shipped.

Back
Top Bottom