緑のドラゴン KZ750

Holy crap dude. I thought you were doing some amazing things already and then...you show up with even MORE. This is shaping up nicely.

m357.5 said:
I'm thinking that saving for a mill and a lathe is on the horizon lol.

Here are a few more upto date pics. Still trying to decide on clipons or superbike style bars....I love the look with clipons, but I know my shoulder wont take riding it with them.

mount012.jpg

mount014.jpg

mount015.jpg

mount016.jpg

Holy shit, dude! NICE framework!!!

Still need to finish the shock mount and a few things on the subframe.

Then onto the task of doing the swingarm, I'm a bit nervous....I dont have a way to bend the rectangular tube so I'm going to try notching it to form it. Then weld each notch and grind smooth so I can polish it. I'll be using 1x2 rectangular tube and 1/4" plate for the majority of it, and the shock mount itself will be a machined block of billet. All the aluminum materials are 6061, and I'm using 4043 aluminum wire in a Miller spool gun, ran off my Miller 180 Auto set. Never welded aluminum before, but I've practiced on some scrap I had kickin around...its not as hard to weld as I had thought.

I was thinking of hole sawing the truss and inserting round tube to give it a lighter look, not a big deal just a bit more time. Oh and I'm cutting off the stock dual shock mounts, going to repurpose them and weld them on under the swingarm to mount my stand spools. If it dosent turn out worthy of polishing, I'll get it powder coated black lol.

Please tell me this is still going on. Mono shock is so sick!

He has a build thread over on Custom Fighters where he has more updates, but he hit a garage/shop/space snag and almost sold everything off, I think he changed his mind and is just on hold for a while now.

I sorted the shop issue ages ago :)

Been busy with my other bikes though, been cleaning up my 750 Turbo and modified it a bit with some new items. Also been working on my other KZ750 with a full cosmetic make over...fresh paint, new Kerker 4-1, jetted the carbs, new tires, brakes, rebuilt foks etc. Been busy.

But the project bike hasnt been totally neglected. Here she is as of right now, spare engine fitted in this pic for mock up only. The good engine is on the bench ready to go in now. Just fitting electrics right now, then onto finishing up the swingarm and frame for a full strip and paint. May get further by fall but it's riding season now and I have 3 other bikes to ride, so work will be slow on this now.

toolbox010.jpg

toolbox012.jpg

toolbox014.jpg

I really dig this bike!! its turning out great man! Keep up the good work sir! You have that Ducati look going on that retro bike!!

Back
Top Bottom