IMG_4042.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4044.JPG
    IMG_4044.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 243
is that piece as a structure for the seat hump? I'm trying to figure out how to give mine some structure right now.

I used Dupli-Color (GM's polar/arctic white & bahama metallic blue) The blue is a lot lighter than photos can show. The orange pin stripe is tfx (1/16-1/16-1/8)

Attachments

• IMG_4126.JPG
    IMG_4126.JPG
    927.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_4133.JPG
    IMG_4133.JPG
    837.1 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4140.JPG
    IMG_4140.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 235
Damn that looks great, nicely done mate. The work you did on the tank is shown off beautifully by that paint, looks stellar!

cool! Much more intricate paint work than I was going to do I dig the heck outta it tho! man that took a lot of skill to make it look that good!

Little restoration work on the wheels.
- oven cleaner/wash/scrub/deep rub scratch pad/wash/clear coat

Attachments

• IMG_4212.JPG
    IMG_4212.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 225
Sam_I_Am said:
Little restoration work on the wheels
A deck of playing cards is much quicker and easier to mask off the tire when painting a mounted rim.

Ran fridge water copper tubing line for the carb over flows. One question as I am not a carb guy. What are the two extra hoses in between that carbs mounted just above the intake, one in between each set. They go to nothing, just about 10" long. Breathers?

Attachments

• IMG_4321.JPG
    IMG_4321.JPG
    921.4 KB · Views: 239
Sam_I_Am said:
Ran fridge water copper tubing line for the carb over flows. One question as I am not a carb guy. What are the two extra hoses in between that carbs mounted just above the intake, one in between each set. They go to nothing, just about 10" long. Breathers?

breathers.

doc_rot said:
breathers.

Thanks! Thinking then I can just take them off? If they aren't going to a stock filter box of anything whats the point of the 10" of hose hanging there?

You may want hoses, some breathers burp stuff the other way and may make a mess on you. They usually go into the air box to re-burn un-burnt fuel for emissions control. so that may just end up on the bike instead. A good trick if you don't want hoses is to put small filters on to catch the blow by and keep it off the paint and or your pants.

Maritime said:
You may want hoses, some breathers burp stuff the other way and may make a mess on you. They usually go into the air box to re-burn un-burnt fuel for emissions control. so that may just end up on the bike instead. A good trick if you don't want hoses is to put small filters on to catch the blow by and keep it off the paint and or your pants.

I wonder then if I should try to rig them to go back inside the pod filters?

Nah, they don't help performance wise, I'd just run the hoses out to direct anything away, or like I did on my CX crank case breather a short hose and small filter to catch anything that may burp out.

Back
Top Bottom