81 KZ550 Work in Progress....

These 80's KZ's are tough. The frame is not conducive for a cafe build. That being said - with the proper amount of chopping she could be as slick as the rest.

I think the seat looks good for having that stupid LTD frame bump. I am trying to come up with a good solution for this as well.

Any more plans or ideas?

Also, what "euro bars" did you put on there? I haven't seen those on DCC.

Doogie said:
I think the seat looks good for having that stupid LTD frame bump. I am trying to come up with a good solution for this as well.

Any more plans or ideas?

No real plans for now. Im just going to ride her for now. I think I will pick up something else to cafe out. I have a line on a KZ1000. I have always had a thing for ELR1000R's. Maybe that will be next.

Thanks,

Tim

Great simple build.

I did the same thing you did with the stock seat in the first stage of my bike.

Love what you've done with your bike. I have the same bike and have been browsing around for ideas of how to mod it. Heading over to Dime City to buy the Euro bars and lucas taillight shortly. In case you hadn't seen it, check out what this guy did to his seat: http://www.focusdesign.com/art/bikes/index.asp
I think it's a pretty rad solution to the dilemma of what to do with the seat without doing too much chopping. Look forward to seeing what else you end up doing to it!

Back
Top Bottom