www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Enfield Tracker: War Pig Rennaissance  (Read 54990 times)

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Enfield Tracker: War Pig Rennaissance
« Reply #270 on: Oct 29, 2015, 04:05:53 »
Cool...I have simply been heating it for a long time with my electric heat gun before bending.  Never knew about the soap!
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline damiansd

« Reply #271 on: Oct 29, 2015, 07:17:24 »
Agent X, i love what you've done with this thing. Bravo.

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #272 on: Oct 29, 2015, 11:32:51 »
Thanks, man.  Been a long road, but the thing starts up first kick every morning and gets me back and forth to work with (little-to-)no trouble.  It's a nice feeling to not be nervous about one or more things during every ride.

The engine is starting to come into its own.  Once it's warm, I've been really giving it a workout every time it's on the road, and the ring seating is evident in the butt-dyno and compression tests.  It's starting to really like revs.
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline strang

• yep
« Reply #273 on: Oct 29, 2015, 18:51:41 »
very nice build

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #274 on: Nov 08, 2015, 07:44:03 »
Thanks; glad you think it's worth checking out!

Got some sheets of OD green Kydex on the way.  Am going to mold a better cover for the intake, since it seems the little aluminum rain shield is choking off the bike at times.  Runs fine without it...problem may be related to the dimensions of the K&N I put on there since the paper element wasn't doing too well in the rainy season.  So I'll use the kydex to make something with good coverage that stands off from the folds of the filter enough to allow better airflow.

Also will cut out and mount some side covers, too.  I still need to figure out a good way to carry some tools and basic spare parts...maybe just bungee a tool roll behind the cover or something.  Then again, I opened up some under-seat room when I moved the r/r...  Maybe I can use the Kydex to create a little holder in the hump.

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #275 on: Feb 06, 2016, 15:51:14 »
So it's been running pretty damned well lately.  Rattles and pings all sorted out.  Got the kydex cover on the air filter, but it's not very neatly done; might try to dremel it some to make it less horrific-looking.  I need a new speedometer, because this one is totally busted; must have happened when my guards knocked it over early on.  Might go for a digital unit, might just grab another mini job off Dennis Kirk or something.

Wheels and tires are the major remaining issue; there's something out of balance/true, but it doesn't affect me under 60mph, and I rarely get over that in town.  Sucks for longer pavement trips I've been trying tho.  I also need better gas, but unless I'm truly being an asshole, it won't ping on me.  Air screw or jetting may need changing due to cooler weather--won't start first-kick anymore, but I'll get that sorted.

Got a new camera so I took some vanity pics as the sun was setting.  Didn't have time to run them through Lightroom or anything, but they seem pretty good out of the raw converter:

Offline mazza

« Reply #276 on: Feb 07, 2016, 06:21:44 »
Very smart....great build and amazing resourcefulness. Miss my 500 bullet reading all this!!!

Offline Weldangrind

• Quae nocent, docent
« Reply #277 on: Feb 08, 2016, 00:21:13 »
Very cool shots!  You have a good eye for composition.

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #278 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:15:35 »
Thanks!  Still learning my way around this camera and its rather quirky operation.  I am born of film so digital's not my forte regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline doc_rot

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
« Reply #279 on: Feb 28, 2016, 13:55:20 »
I havent checked in on this in a while, your bike looks awesome! the aluminum rims are setting it off nicely. You can do a static balance with the wheels on the bike. remove the calipers and loosen the axles, you will have to disengage the chain and get it off the sprocket as well. Then just get the wheel off the ground and do a standard static balance. I don't know what kind of wheel weights you can get there but the stick on kind are easy and work great.