New project 74 cb360

ericlws66

Well I couldn't resist not getting another bike. I sold my cb750 a little over a month ago http://filebox.vt.edu/users/jlowes/bike/CIMG0435.JPG and missed it too much.(had too to fund my sv650 track bike and for gear for the track)
So i had to pick up another CB project bike. My girlfriend also wants to learn how to ride, so i figured i'd pick something up cheap, let her learn to ride it and not worry about dropping it, then fix it up cafe style. Well within a day of posting a craigslist ad, a lady from va beach had a 74 cb360 she had parked two years ago due to a new baby. Picked her up Thursday night and got her running last night after tank/carb drain, quick float clean and some fresh gas. This thing is in too good of shape really to tear apart.
What are you guys thoughts on that? restore this and get another cafe project to hack to hell? or are these not rare enough to care?

My plans are:
lighten frame, remove unnecessary items.
Remove starter and controls/wiring, smaller battery mounted up higher under seat (anyone have a good modified wiring diagram? chrisf's site isn't working)
rear sets at rear peg mounts, clipons and minimal lights/gauges.
I'd also like to do a dual disc conversion up front, but the right fork doesnt have the mounting points like the 750s do. So maybe cb750 front forks put on it and then do a dual disc?

Back
Top Bottom