Aftermarket Honda 360 Cam Chain Slipper and Tensioner - Pre-purchase

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
OK folks...

I know a lot of us have been after these for a while, so I've been working for about a month now to hash out the details of having them made, and we're finally to the point where we're ready to enter production. These slippers and tensioners are being designed after the original pieces, using OEM materials, so there should be very little difference between these units and the stock parts.

So while that's pretty awesome, the down side is that I need to scrape up $1000 for tooling costs and molds.

I'm hoping that there is enough interest in these that a pre-purchase will help to cover this initial outlay of funds.

So... without further ado... here we go:

Pre-purchase price for a single set will be $50 + shipping (shipping to be invoiced after the production run). More than one set is $40 per set and I'll cover the shipping costs. Final retail will be $75 per set, so you're seeing a significant savings by getting in early.

There's no set date (yet) for this pre-purchase period to end, but if/after we're able to raise $1000, I'll give everyone else another week and then I'll make payment to the manufacturer. At this point, they will do the initial tooling and molds and send some prototypes my way for testing. I'll need some volunteers with running Honda 360 engines that don't mind opening things up to run these new parts, and then again (possibly several times) to inspect the parts for wear and performance.

After the prototype parts have been verified, we will enter full production and everyone gets their orders. (Very) rough timeline on these is about two months, so I'm hoping to have these ready to ship out mid-summer.

If you're up for it, payment can be sent via paypal to sales@sparckmoto.com. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE include a note in the payment specifying the purpose. That paypal account sees a lot of use and I don't want to miss anyone out.

I'm happy to answer any additional questions here, or by email at info@sparckmoto.com.

Thanks again for all the help with this,
Matt

I don't have a time bomb.... I mean 360, but this is awesome! Thanks for supporting our hobby Matt!

This is awesome. You'll get payment from me within the next couple of weeks after my once a month teacher payment. If you're starting to collect names of volunteer applicants to test, count me in. I'm taking this thing apart every couple of months to change something anyway.

Oh this is awesome.
Please let me know if and when I can copy and paste your post to my blog.

right now all my resources are going to getting me and the bike to the Thaw. After recovery I will be ready to commit.

Sent in the $$ for 2 sets....You should already have it....

You are Fantastic Matt!!!!

Matt I don't know if it is something else you can do but was surfing ebay this morning and was reminded of a couple of other parts for the cam chain tensioning system that seem to go missing or are forgotten. There are 2 little what I'm gonna call cushions that go at the top and bottom of the main blade. One goes into the cup on the arm at the bottom, which probably never gets lost and one goes into the retainer cup at the top, which does.

Should be 10 and 18 on this fishe

E13387103.gif

Here's an ebay auction showing what the bottom one looks like LINK

Top one is mostly the same aside from not having the metal part I think, I've only seen one and its in my bike right now. Matter of fact my bike didn't have one when I originally got it.

Anywho, I'll take 2 sets, I guess if you need a test bed for a set I can be of service. Depending on the weather and work I can get some ride time in every day if need be, I need to tear into things and fix an oil leak anyway.

Franz,

Thanks for the heads-up on that one. If/when we can get enough money together for this pre-order, I'll take a look at getting those parts made as well.

Unfortunately, Rich's is the only payment I've received so far, so this might be a slightly longer road than expected.

Thanks,
Matt

Enough funds have been raised in order to place the order for the initial tooling and molds. Prototypes will be headed out way in a couple of weeks.

There is still time left to get your pre-order payment into place!

Sonreir said:
Enough funds have been raised in order to place the order for the initial tooling and molds. Prototypes will be headed out way in a couple of weeks.

There is still time left to get your pre-order payment into place!
I'll take one. I'll get some money to you soon. I'm on shift for one more day.

done, both Money sent and advertisment ( blog post) made...
Im sorry it took me a bit to get it posted but here it is. Please check it out and let me know if any changes need to be made...
http://www.hondabrat.com/2014/05/big-news-from-sparckmoto.html

Thanks, man. Just a little clarification though:

"The order has been placed and the manufacturer is making them right now." is not strictly true. We've placed the order for the tooling, molds, and prototypes, but the production run has not yet been ordered.

Back
Top Bottom