1976 Yamaha XS360 rescue

cosworth

Coast to Coast
I am a member of this good little Facebook group for my province (BC). Once in a while a gem pops up and this one was WAY out in the sticks and was in a small barn. Parked next to a running Argo 6 wheeler.

Left the house at 7:00am, tried the first ferry on the Island. Full. Drove to the next ferry terminal. Literally last truck on the boat. Phew. Left a bunch of cars behind me at the terminal. Two massive pile up delays later. I got to the bike at about 5pm. Loaded it and strapped her down and threw in a handshake and started gingerly home hoping to catch the last ferry home at 10:45pm.

1200+ kms later, $150 in ferry, two $100 tanks of gas, I had this little gem in the garage. It fired up last night. Needs paint, decals and a few missing bits but I'm confident I can get collector (classic) plates for it without much fuss. So little rust on it, everything is bright.

Now starts the process of finding parts and what from the XS400 (way more common) fits or doesn't fit. Immediate props to barkingmad (member here) who runs the local parts salvage for saying "we have one of those" many times already.

qhVSRkZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom