cb200 remix

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CB-160-Formula-160-Racing-Valve-Springs-only_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem3eef2b9488QQitemZ270300583048QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Try this. It's an ebay auction under cb 160 valve springs.
NATE

Decided on a paint scheme, so here it goes. First laid down some bright white base and taped off some panels.
IMG_0172.jpg
[
IMG_0173-1.jpg
img][/img]
Next I sprayed gold base for the pinstripe.
IMG_0174-1.jpg
[
IMG_0176-1.jpg
img][/img]
Then the candyish red.
IMG_0178-1.jpg
[
IMG_0181-1.jpg
img][/img]
IMG_0182-1.jpg
[/img]
Now ready for some 3:1 clearcoat. Two applications.
IMG_0187.jpg

And the final outcome!
IMG_0200.jpg

Between the drying time I knocked out the exhaust. Brazed on some VW bug muffled exhaust tips.
IMG_0190.jpg

Mocked up a support bracket and shaved off the leg guard mounts.
IMG_0188.jpg

A customer came by the bicycle shop and offered me his powder coating services for free!! It was payback for borrowing my bottom bracket tool. He owns a very large machine shop in SC , wish I meet him earlier! ::)
IMG_0192.jpg

Flat black exhaust, pipe bracket and flang things for the cylinder head installed.
IMG_0193.jpg
[
IMG_0197.jpg

Almost forgot a pic of the support bracket.
IMG_0198.jpg

WOW, awesome work!!!!! That looks fantastic!!! Heart everything you are doing !!!!!!!!

NICE!!!! Very clean and love your attention to detail. Love the paint and exhaust set up too. Good job and cant wait to see it all done.

-benjie

Having the best CAFE BIKE builder in the business giving me good comments just made my day!!! :eek:
Hey Troybilt, how is your 360 running?

Great work from top to bottom. I love the paint job, it look very professional.

You sir, are amazing! Thanks for the motivation! I'm going to tackle my project with balls of fury.

Nice! the paint looks great! I really like your exhaust choice. The matte black against the glossy black frame looks fantastic! Congrats on pulling Flipperboi into the fray as well!! I have big plans for my 200 when I get to it. I hope you won't mind a few questions once I get started.

The tips are off a VW bug? I can't wait to hear it. you will youtube that, right? If it sounds like an old bug that would be hysterical.

goodfornothing said:
I recognize that seat: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-cb200-cafe-seat-cb-200-cb200t-cb175_W0QQitemZ170303525934QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item170303525934&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1#ht_500wt_963

LOL!

do they still sell this seat? i ve been looking for it..

LOL, I know you couldn't have been talking about me. Besides, your bike blows mine away! You do sweet work man!
My bike is still down. Last time it was out I think my coils died and I've not had time to do anything to it. I'm working 12-14 hrs a day 7 days/wk and it sucks.
You keep me inspired though, and I can't wait till things slow down and I can work on mine. Troy

I'd been thinking about a 2-tone red/white scheme for my gl, I guess now I know how it will look. Great build, but as others have already stated, I would have gladly traded one of my bikes to you so you could have started from scratch again :D

xci.ed6 said:
I'd been thinking about a 2-tone red/white scheme for my gl, I guess now I know how it will look. Great build, but as others have already stated, I would have gladly traded one of my bikes to you so you could have started from scratch again :D

My head just exploded.

Amazing man..so much props

Hey Nate no OT for me, as I'm working for my self. I'm sure the snow will be flying before things slow down. We are working hay right now. My neighbor has 140 acres and we bale all of his plus a couple of other farms. Can't wait to get back in my garage and work on the bike.

Got the pertronix ignition installed and also the dyna coil.
IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Decided that the factory tube that vents the crankcase exiting in front of the rear tire wasn't a good idea!? Came up with my own oil trap/filter made from 1 1/2" copper pipe, two caps, 1/4" fittings and foam for a lawnmower intake.(never mind the key in the photo)
IMG_0042-1.jpg

IMG_0043-1.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg
[/img]
IMG_0047-1.jpg

One half is soldered to the pipe and the other cap is removable for cleaning and replacing the foam. Tapped a hole and made an aluminium bracket to mount the oil catch/filter to the frame.
IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Hope to fire it up this weekend!! Seat padding and work on the gauges and she's complete! :D

Id love to see a finish on this. Anyone see the end of this? I have a cb200t & need inspiration.

Rearsets on this thing a bolt on? I havent heard much for rearset options for the cb200.

Thanks.

Oh Im looking on getting the cl pipes as well. Would a 68 cl175 pipes line up for the cb200?

The exhaust ports seem very angled out to each side on the cb. The cl look straight facing.

I promise some finish pics by the end of this weekend. Been having to much fun riding it around, especially with the mikuni vm-20 carbs upgrade and back to the original exhaust. Got a headlight bucket from Benjie's Cafe Racers also but I've been working on another project , a '73 cb350f! :)
NATE

Oh man, back to the original exhaust?! Do tell, what prompted that, performance or styling?

Here are the finishing pics. Decided to use 1/2" high density foam for the seat padding. Suprisingly comfortable! Used velcro so I can access the bolts when removing the seat.
IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

One of our customers who used to race motorcycles along time ago suggested to put some sort of screen to keep out debris in the hubs. Found some aluminum screen at wal-mart from a splater cover for your skillet when cooking.
IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

I next decided to wrap the exhaust.
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Good throaty sound, but I was not really into this look. So I went back to the dual setup with megaphones. Brazed a copper 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" fitting to the headpipes then brazed to the mufflers for a seamless look. Also hammered lots of indentations for frame clearance, rearset clearance and center stand.
IMG_0143-Copy.jpg

IMG_0126-1.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0124-1.jpg

Also bent the kickstarter for clearance.
IMG_0133-1.jpg

Upgraded the carbs to Mikuni vm-20's Much bigger slides and bigger front opening! This really made a HUGE differance in power!
IMG_0131-1.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Now to finalize the new exhaust then powder coat it flat black and then done, maybe?!
IMG_0123-2.jpg

IMG_0139-1.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0121-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom