www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: First bike build - xs650 1980 / going to be a long one.  (Read 3255 times)

Online Caf'd Out

Re: First bike build - xs650 1980 / going to be a long one.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2012, 09:47:09 »
Everytime I see a pic set up like those three (especially the last one) I think BEAST! They look so mean. I like your idea with two seats that can be swapped out. That last pic is almost like a mix between the two. You could always run something like that with a smaller "bump".

Offline CMJ

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2012, 11:58:13 »
Everytime I see a pic set up like those three (especially the last one) I think BEAST! They look so mean. I like your idea with two seats that can be swapped out. That last pic is almost like a mix between the two. You could always run something like that with a smaller "bump".

If I do end up making a cafe seat, it will be a fiberglass bump.  As of right now, I'm not into the leather covered bump. 

I agree that last bike is a beast.  When I was looking for my bike I wanted something very narrow, so I went with a twin.  After seeing that bike, there might be a 4 cylider bike in my future. 
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2012, 16:16:01 by CMJ »

Online Caf'd Out

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2012, 15:38:57 »
Yeah I'm building a 350f right now. I like the fours but I want a 550 next. Fiberglass is a beotch if you dont have good prep. I just tried my hand at it. Turned out kinda crappy.  You can find my thread in the seats section, or just search my profile.

Offline CMJ

« Reply #13 on: Aug 05, 2018, 18:36:49 »
Reviving my dead thread.