Biting the hand that feeds all of us... or however that saying goes.

Redbird said:
Sorry, your reply reminded me of this ;D

*this was solely my observation and in no way a representation/interpretation of Sonics actual reply

I am so offended.

Wait no I'm not :D

There's blame on both sides, the guy is an ass wagon for suing for 15 million.

Why was he riding when he missed the rider meeting? That's more negligence he shouldn't have been allowed on the track. Yes he chose to go on the track but they should have said no. You cant just have random dudes show up and pull out on the track...why? because it's unsafe. As we see here ;D

Just to clarify, I hope the guy loses the case and we don't all end up paying for it any time we go near a track.

I'm just saying that there's more at play here. There were definitely IMO issues with the track and the management that shouldn't have been issues.
Yeah we all want to be able to just go hop on the track and act like fools, but without the regulation and a team of people making sure it's as safe as possible it just gets out of hand quickly.

If the track has the huge ruts off the side of the track it needs to be addressed IMO, if they can't afford to address it maybe they should rethink their business strategy, like don't rent the track out unless it's safe.

datadavid said:
The 15 million are probably needed to develop his shitty clown bikes.

Probably so he can keep one of them, after his attorneys get their cut.

SONIC. said:
Just to clarify, I hope the guy loses the case and we don't all end up paying for it any time we go near a track.

I'm just saying that there's more at play here. There were definitely IMO issues with the track and the management that shouldn't have been issues.
Yeah we all want to be able to just go hop on the track and act like fools, but without the regulation and a team of people making sure it's as safe as possible it just gets out of hand quickly.

If the track has the huge ruts off the side of the track it needs to be addressed IMO, if they can't afford to address it maybe they should rethink their business strategy, like don't rent the track out unless it's safe.

I agree with ya on this one!! those ruts just off the track are crazy big and would dump anyone who ran off 2 inches...and it happens to the best of racers much less this douche bag..and the sand bags in the "run off" area is crazy stupid. I bet any big time sanctioned race would not have happened that day till it was fixed. But I say if he missed the rider meetings he should not have been on the track either. They all took the chance though and I guess those waivers don't mean shit anymore..its just a messy ugly thing all the way around.

SONIC. said:
You can be as angry as you want but it doesn't make you right ;D

The issue was not his mistake, being a less than optimal rider wasn't the problem, the problem was that he had a ridiculous hazard literally 3 feet off the track in an area that is designed and designated a runoff area that's supposed to be relatively safe to wreck in. That's the whole point of going to a track to ride like that as opposed to doing so on the street, you can over do it and not hit a god damn sand bag. You're supposed to be able to run off the track and lay it over and walk away, not hit a damn sand bag (or an 8" deep rut) and break your femur.

While we're on that point I don't think the huge ruts are okay either, that's poor track maintenance. Why bother going to a track if the consequences for spirited riding are the same as on the street?

Again you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong ;D

"again"

he wasn't in a runoff... he NEVER should ahve been there. The track cannot prepare for every possible mistake a rider will make, it's IMPOSSIBLE. a Rider could have gone the wrong way down the track and crashed into solid concrete... is that the track's fault? NOPE

I'm with MiniNinja on this one.
The track is the bit you ride on, thinking you can just ride anywhere is your problem. Over te years it's been more and more common to use kerbs to (in effect) cheat. I think there should be a 4" NON BANKED kerb around all race tracks. If te car guys start breaking wheels maybe they will stay on track and everyone else will follow. If it's too dangerous, stop racing

we all assume risk when we get on a motorcycle - if a car skids, so what... do a 360, put it in 1st and take off again. if a bike skids... well good luck... hope you don't break a clavicle getting bucked off in a high-side. if a bike hits a wall... well hope you go over it... because *YOU* are the crumple zone, quite unlike a car.

Riders die in racing, even in practice!. Macau, Isle of Mann, many others.

you can't blame everything on someone else.

We have some different opinions about how much blame goes to either party, that's for sure. But I think we all agree the rider assumes risk and none of us wants the industry or track days to be put in jeopardy.

I come from a family of drag racers that goes back to my grandmother. Not professional races, but club races and weekend races on the strips local to us. No matter what happened to the racers, no one was going to jeopardize the track. We all had too much to lose. If nothing else, it kept us from doing too many stupid things on the street. It gave us an organized, legal location to test out our fortitude. You cruised on Friday nights, picked you challengers and met them at the track on Saturday. I feel like something similar is at stake here.

irk miller said:
We have some different opinions about how much blame goes to either party, that's for sure. But I think we all agree the rider assumes risk and none of us wants the industry or track days to be put in jeopardy.

I come from a family of drag racers that goes back to my grandmother. Not professional races, but club races and weekend races on the strips local to us. No matter what happened to the racers, no one was going to jeopardize the track. We all had too much to lose. If nothing else, it kept us from doing too many stupid things on the street. It gave us an organized, legal location to test out our fortitude. You cruised on Friday nights, picked you challengers and met them at the track on Saturday. I feel like something similar is at stake here.

I'll have to conceed that that sandbag caused his bike to carsh worse that it would have had he not hit it. That said, the track has insurance - and that insurance should be required to cover costs of medical treatment above what his insurance covers - not 15mil

Back
Top Bottom