www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Who has multiple builds going at once?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline guernz

Who has multiple builds going at once?
« on: Apr 28, 2018, 13:05:53 »
I can't seem to stay focused on one project and finish it. After a week or two, I'm digging something else out to work on and so on. Never quit the project, just move it to the side for a couple weeks or months. I'm not complaining about it. I enjoy working on them this way. Just wondering how many other people work like this.
1977 xlcr
1974 commando
1979 sr 500
a few dirt trackers
a few dirtbikes
all vintage

Offline The Limey

• Evil English Villain
Re: Who has multiple builds going at once?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2018, 15:31:11 »
Not motorbikes, but I have a car engine and suspension transplant, and a vintage bicycle restoration all on the go.  Can't stop fiddling  ;)
I was born a rocker.  I'll die a rocker.  And I'm proud of it.

Offline Rat_ranger

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2018, 16:06:06 »
I used to, but I realized I never really finished anything doing that.  Now I only work on one at a time even if I collect some parts for another.
Xs650

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2018, 16:52:44 »
My buddy Greg is bringing his 9yo son to spend next weekend w us. 

While Greg is busy welding stuff for Piglet.

Em Bob and I plan to...

Hook up new air compressor...
Install new clutch discs, springs, drive sprocket, drill and tap left pillion for 10mm mirror, install luggage box to rear carrier and new gel pad for seat in Piglet...
New windscreen, brake lines and dig into wiring and disconnect the clock on BMW...
Cut and mod sealed beam headlamp for LED conversion, install a new kickstand switch and repair cracked vinyl on CB400 backrest.
Remove rocker panels, replace w moulded rocker panel/running boards and splash guards, install harness for trailer lights on Toyota, Sienna.
Chop some wood for Saturday eve wienie roast...

Clean up 1980 CM200 Twinstar to sell.

Not doing "yet" but have everything for...378 conversion going in Cherry Bomb.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2018, 16:58:19 »
My projects are never finished and always being tinkered with. It's a never ending pit of self loathing, booze, and occasional mediocrity. I do enjoy it though.

Right now I am trying to button up my RD, my wife's RD, and I am building a new controller for my milling machine. I'll probably also pull the table of the mill and adjust the X ballnut. From there I'll finish up the machining on my new in house designed/machined dampers as well as a bunch of machining on customer's dampers. Then I want to install two new light fixtures in the garage, two recessed fixtures in the basement over the laundry, and once that's all done I'm sure the grass will be 2 feet tall and I'll have to mow three times to get that under control. At that point i'll be three weeks behind "schedule" and will get back to the RD's.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2018, 17:02:22 »
Then I want to install two new light fixtures in the garage, two recessed fixtures in the basement over the laundry, and once that's all done I'm sure the grass will be 2 feet tall and I'll have to mow three times to get that under control.

Funny I mowed grass yesterday evening AND now currently taking a break adding 2 new light fixtures in garage.   8)

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2018, 17:42:06 »
CB360 project
VT500 ascot project (sidelined until the 360 is buttoned up for riding. Needs a head gasket or an engine overhaul.)

Outside of motorbikes I've got:

• Rewiring the integrated charging system I installed into an old Nishiki road bike turned commuter.
  • Building a new chain tensioner for the nishiki to allow for enough slack to shift the front ring (waiting on a part from china)
  • Adding the front shifter for half step gearing on the Nishiki.
  • Install cab over lights on my Honda Element.
  • Spacing the rear suspension components on the element to fix the rear suspension geometry after a 4" spring lift.
  • making my own Desert Water Bag for the CB360
  • Redesign and manufacture a new seat for the CB360
  • Raised flower bed for the back yard (we rent).
  • I manufacture fuse covers for the VT500 ascot and a few other bikes. They are just bent acrylic, but people seem to want them.
Starting my own business which is it's own project on its own. Gonna let people come in and mess around with CNC machines kinda like it's a build a bear workshop. Should be interesting. Tons of projects for that. [/font][/size]
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2018, 17:44:05 by Cursh »
If you see me f**cking up it's because I have no idea what I'm doing. You can either tell me I'm fucking up or watch me find out on my own. Both are appreciated.

75 CB360 project.
1984 Honda Ascot (water-cooled paper weight)
2005 Honda Element "HD"
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2018, 17:43:51 »
I am currently working on my xv, building a deck for my new boat, fixing up a classic bench buffer, rewiring the boat trailer, setting up the electrical system for the boat, building a 7ft high fence and gate and working on the BSAki.

I always have way to much on the go.
I'm not sure, but don't ask Brodie.

Way to many build and half done projects to list here.
Sr250, Gs750, Z50A, XV1100, A10, Z160A.

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2018, 18:56:06 »
I have 3 going currently. I am getting som3 motivation to finish the 350F. 2 gsxr's...the 98 on here and an 02 1000 I can't seem to make run again  >:(  I am not touchin the KZ till I have another one finished...then it may get a makeover.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41083.0

Life is a journey from the maternity ward to the crematorium....

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2018, 19:10:35 »
Just starting to get back to work on my GT500, RD350 and KZ650 after long layoff.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2018, 03:07:53 by CrabsAndCylinders »
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650