www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Honda CB750K Cafe Racer project about to start with a monoshock??  (Read 2059 times)

Offline rohalloran

Hi All,

Long time browser of the forum but this is my first post. I have to say to all, some of the bikes showcased on this forum are amazing. Great inspiration.

I picked up this bike earlier in the week. The engine is seized due to sitting up but as you can see someone had started to do some decent mods before it got pushed aside. The front and rear end are off a Kawasaki GPZ 900 I'm told and the tank is from a CB900 (or is it standard does anyone know)? The engine will be getting a complete rip down and rebuilt and I suspect I will go for the Cognito Moto GSXR front end conversion but I have to say I do like the monoshock conversion that was done (bar the wheel used). Love to hear what people think and their thoughts on the Monoshock / swingarm used. Hope to keep the thread updated with the progress as I go.

Thanks for looking.

Offline rohalloran

Managed to get the engine out yesterday. Now its time for an engine stripdown and rebuild.

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Holy crap, that motor looks toast.  Is the aluminum broken down as bad as it looks?

Offline rohalloran

Hey irkmiller. It's only some corrosion on the casing. Looks worse than it is (so far...  ;D)

Offline cardinal

lemme guess... you live on a beach somewhere?

Offline rohalloran

lemme guess... you live on a beach somewhere?

Yes  :D It was left outside too which didn't help. Picked it up cheap so hopefully the internals are not too bad.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Holy crap, that motor looks toast.  Is the aluminum broken down as bad as it looks?

Haha, I thought it was foaming engine degreaser.

Offline The Limey

• Evil English Villain
Spoked wheels from a Zephyr?
I was born a rocker.  I'll die a rocker.  And I'm proud of it.

Offline rohalloran

Spoked wheels from a Zephyr?

Now there is an idea.. I like the simplicity of the GSXR conversion Cognito moto offer but have mixed thoughts on the rear end. Leave as is or switch back to the twin shock  ::)

Offline brad black

fix the old style forks and keep the 16" wheel for some wacky retro cool.