'78 CB750K basket case (but complete)

coyote13

Over 1,000 Posts
Well, times they are a changing. I rode this old gal for about 5 years, put a hell of a lot of miles on her and smiles on my face, truly hate to see her go. But, alas, I am moving and I don't think I can take her with me. About three years ago I pulled the motor for the infamous leaky head gasket, and figured while it was out I would go full bore with an 836 kit, mild web cam, hd studs, cam chain/rollers, full gasket set, etc. Well, none of that ever happened and it's sat in pieces (never tore into the motor, didn't even take the valve cover off) in my garage. I had been riding right up until pulling the motor, so there shouldn't be too much problem getting this one back on the road ("ran when parked" lol).

Prior to pulling the motor, I had done a number of upgrades which will be included along with the aforementioned parts: Progressive suspension front and rear, Dyna S/coils, solid state Reg/Rec, stainless braided front brake line, fresh fork seals (will need to check the oil level in the forks, it was a little squishy after replacing), Steel Dragon bread box style airbox, new DCC gauges (need to be wired). The carbs were tuned a little rich and would actually be a pretty good benchmark for the 836 kit. Both tires show plenty of tread, front brake pad is near new, chain and sprockets converted to 520. Chrome Jardine 4-1 was NOS condition when purchased but has developed some surface rust from hanging in the garage. I believe I have a 4-2 hanging out there that I will include as well. Will also include a steel seat pan and Bonneville style headlight fairing. I am probably forgetting a million things, but this is the gist of it. Located in Dallas, TX and asking $2000 or reasonable best offer. I do not want to part out and I would prefer not to ship.

Pictures depict a few subtly different iterations over the years, the last one is as it sits.

Attachments

• IMG_1460.JPG
    IMG_1460.JPG
    731.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    896.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_5816.JPG
    IMG_5816.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_5469.JPG
    IMG_5469.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_6019.JPG
    IMG_6019.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 232
Almost forgot, I'll also be throwing in a new never used Cycle X oil cooler attachment. Such a cool little piece of engineering, wish I had gotten around to running it. C'est la vie.

coyote13 said:
Price too high? Make me an offer!
Depends on the area, I guess.

Not harping on your price in the least, as I don't know what they bring where you are. Here, a basket case, however complete isn't touching a grand.

Appreciate the input. I figured around 1500 for the bike itself plus around 500 in additional new in the box parts was in the ballpark, at least for an asking price.

coyote13 said:
Appreciate the input. I figured around 1500 for the bike itself plus around 500 in additional new in the box parts was in the ballpark, at least for an asking price.
As much as I hate breaking decent enough bikes up, that is where the money is at.

Lord knows that's the truth but in between planning a wedding and trying to sell a house I just don't have the time to part it out.

Back
Top Bottom