1979 cb750f wheels on a '78 cb750f.

Rydog400f

Been Around the Block
Hello! I recently bought a 1978 honda cb750f. It came with a '79 cb750f aluminum front comstar rim and the original '78 rear steel comstar. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the rear from a '79 is a direct swap. I'm running cb900f calipers and mounts so I'm guessing it is. The rims are the same size. Thanks!

I haven't been to the DTT in a while. I did my Comstar conversion some years ago humm maybe 2009 or '10? Anyway, I used Suzuki GSXR 750 USD foks '06, a CB900 Comstar front hub and turned the I.D. of the hub to accept the larger modern axle bearings and made a new alu. inner spacer. I used a Comstar rear rim 2.15" x 18" and original front spokes (steel, non-reverse) and put it all back together with aircraft nuts/bolts/washers. CNC a spacer adapter for the large Suzuki rotors to the CB hub, Galfer Superbike s/s lines Changes the CX500 into a modern feeling bike and corrects virtually all the major faults of the bike. Also did a nice disc brake (from drum) on the rear but that's another story.
Cheers, 50gary

Back
Top Bottom