Seeley Honda CB750 Project

Steverino

Well I have been gathering parts to construct a nice cafe racer from a stock frame....while I work on some other CB750's.....but I wanted something a bit more unique ...in form and function. I did own a Rickman CB750...and I regret getting rid of that.
But perhaps things have fallen into place.
This is the basis for the project now, and as I have most of the peripherals (except a complete, hot motor) I hope to have this happening in the not too far future.

It is the third one built by Colin Seeley and is in pretty nice shape for it's age. The tank is drop dead gorgeous and , while the seat is not "correct" I will have no problem being seen on it. It is a recent fabrication....but not overly original in it's style...but close enuff for me.

Gotta love that aluminum (aluminium for Allie)

seeley1.jpg

seeley2.jpg

seeley3.jpg

seeley4.jpg

I'll post more pics, if you wish, as I progress.

Cheers

Steve

Well shite! That's a great looking platform to build from! I'd meant to keep it under wraps for a bit longer though I did chat about it on another forum a while back.....

I recently scored a Seeley Mk.IV frame and swing arm from a crusty old cat here locally. It was built for a 500cc Matchless single but since i don't have one of those I'll be hanging a hotted up XR650 lump. Lighter, more power and reliable too. I only have a the frame and swinger though...not the pretty stuff you have......

Noice!!!

Wow- can't wait to see it put togather, is that frame plated or painted? I plan to nickel plate my CB750 frame & found a place here in Seattle that willl do it for $200, more if I want it polished

Thanks guys.
The frame is nickel plated, with only a little bit of pitting. Nice thing about this frame is that you can actually work on the engine without having to pull the motor out of the frame.
I have a variety of pistons and cylinder arrangements that I want to try and embrace the fact that if (when) I screw up, I can pull the top end and start over.
I have the Nelson exhaust, clip ons, aluminum wheels from a cb750A, all the little fartzy bits and a Rickman fairing that I am toying with maybe putting on (seems a little sacrilegious tho') courtesy of Tintin.
I have a bored out set of stock carbs but would really like a set of CR's. Maybe I'll wait and see how these work.
Maybe a Dyna igntion, comp rodswould be nice $$$$$ and that about wraps up the wish list.

I'll have to fab some of the missing pieces, cover the seat and figure out a rearset fixture.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Steve

Soooooo, you're the one who bought that beauty! I was wondering who it was. I was watching it for a while just for kicks. No way I could ever afford something like that. But I'll be interested to see it progress!

Steve

Steverino said:
Nope ...it's a scammer...look at the feedback

Kind of un-nerving seeing your own stuff up there don't ya think?

You gonna let e-bay know?

So, it only took 6 years of collecting parts and sitting on my ass....and the 6 months of assembly and fabrication with the following results.

Back
Top Bottom