*Need exhaust ideas for my 1982 Yamaha XJ550!*

sawyermr5

I'm planning on pulling my exhaust and wrapping it, then adding either some CHROME or BLACK tips to it, just wanted some ideas on what y'all think would be the best to do!

Here's how it sits currently:

rehViQn.jpg

UStgy4Z.jpg

sick bike
you could try this muffler, I have two on my bike
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181064638960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Attachments

• 20140503_183703.jpg
    20140503_183703.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 392
predawn sky said:
sick bike
you could try this muffler, I have two on my bike
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181064638960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Those look sick! I actually saw some pretty similar on a build thread and was wondering where to find them.

Was also possibly thinking something like this:

Not sure which one I like better.

kawasaki-w800-lsl-3.jpg

Put real mufflers/silencers on the bike. It'll make tuning easier and the bike won't sound like crap.

VonYinzer said:
Put real mufflers/silencers on the bike. It'll make tuning easier and the bike won't sound like crap.

I've had a ton of people tell me they love the way it sounds as is. I like it as well. I'm really just wanting some mufflers to add to the look of the bike.

The exhaust in the last pic are takeoffs from a Sportster. I'm a big fan. They're reasonable around town and throaty on the road.

Rich Ard said:
The exhaust in the last pic are takeoffs from a Sportster. I'm a big fan. They're reasonable around town and throaty on the road.

Would those fit with relative ease onto my current exhaust?

You'll have to figure out a mounting bracket but I believe the inlet is identical.

Awesome. There are a ton on DimeCity, so I guess I'll have to figure out exactly what I want to do!

I can't decide which look I like more.

I used a set of those Sportster mufflers on my CB350. I picked them up at a local swap meet, $30 for the pair.
They clamped right on the headers with the original muffler gasket.
They sound great too.

Back
Top Bottom