I need a title!!!!!!!

Jihrie

I bought a project bike for dirt cheap about a year and half ago it's finally road ready and I like a dumb ass threw my bill of sale away. I don't remember who I bought it from and am kind of in a pickle. Should I just forge a few documents to make this easier on myself and hope to get away with it? It's a 1972 honda cb350 that I paid 200$ for. Any and all advice is needed and welcome.

Absolutely do NOT forge anything. If somebody even thinks something is fishy, kiss the bike goodbye and get ready to pay the fines.

Look into how to do it in your state - some are easier than others. Also, do a Google search for getting a title from Vermont. Worst comes to worst, keep an eye out for a titled frame that you could swap over.

Jihrie said:
Won't I run in to problems having a frame that doesn't match the motor?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=does+a+honda+cb350+vin+need+to+match+the+engine

Jihrie said:
Won't I run in to problems having a frame that doesn't match the motor?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=does+a+honda+cb350+vin+need+to+match+the+engine#hl=en-US&q=how+to+get+a+title+in+vermont+advrider

I've heard good things about Stabb. Also, Vermont is a state with a relaxed titling procedure, you can get a title in the mail, bring it to your local Motor Vehicle Department and have it switched easily.

LazloH said:
what a tease... "I have a bike that is now road worthy" and no pictures.

Now you can see it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 205
Jihrie said:
I bought a project bike for dirt cheap about a year and half ago it's finally road ready and I like a dumb ass threw my bill of sale away. I don't remember who I bought it from and am kind of in a pickle. Should I just forge a few documents to make this easier on myself and hope to get away with it? It's a 1972 honda cb350 that I paid 200$ for. Any and all advice is needed and welcome.
if it is out of the computer you could just file for a lost title just tell the dmv that the bike has always been yours :)

The last time it was plated was 1986. I found a guy about 3 and a half hours south of me that is willing to sell me a frame and motor that has a title for 300$ so I may go that route. As it's too old for Staab and Vermont to title. Ans I don't know if it's out of the system or how to check that.

Jihrie said:
The last time it was plated was 1986. I found a guy about 3 and a half hours south of me that is willing to sell me a frame and motor that has a title for 300$ so I may go that route. As it's too old for Staab and Vermont to title. Ans I don't know if it's out of the system or how to check that.

The whole point is that Vermont doesn't title. They give you a registration that gets you a title in your state.

yeah - sorry thats what I meant. He said his bike was too old for the process which didnt make any sense to me.

i really thought I had a link to someones write up of how the vermont thing worked. anyone have that?

Back
Top Bottom