my first bobber build.

jesus-saves

I have been watching this site for a while and seen lots of great bikes. I have wanted to build a bobber for a long time and now I have my chance. I just inherited my grandpa's 1981 honda cm400a. When I bought it home last week it has a sticker on the speedometer saying break in service due at 600 miles. The bike has 570 miles on it. Grandma never made it to break it miles and decided she wanted to get back on the goldwing with grandpa. The bike inspection and tag went dead in 1990 believe it or not I cleaned the carbs and she fired right up and sounds like a sewing machine. I am really impressed so far. You can tell gas was much better back then, The carbs were not really that dirty and the tank looks great. Anyways I have big plans and can use lots of advice. I have owned a few bikes so I have a good background with motorcycle. I just want to make something my own and this is a cheap bike to do it on. I am looking to build a bobber style bike. I know the 400 is not a power house and that's ok. I just wonder if the hondamatic is good for making a bobber? ?. I know I want to put pods on and probably drag bars. What is my cheap options on the exhaust. ? Should I leave the cross over chamber on it and just put new mufflers. I defiantly don't want to loose any performance but want a better sound. I will try to post some pics. I have removed the windshield and sissy bar. And I even ordered my first part. ( smaller turn signals) please give any advice you have and I will try to keep up with post. I also want this build to be cheap as possible. Thanks in advanced.

How it looked when I brought it home.

Attachments

• 20140606_181701.jpg
    20140606_181701.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 288
  • 20140604_174356.jpg
    20140604_174356.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 268
Back
Top Bottom