Review of Kahr PM9 (for Rocan and any other gun nut here)

03rangerxlt

Been Around the Block
I put two-hundred rounds through my Kahr PM9 today with only one failure; a failure to lock the slide back on the last round. This only happened once and I am inclined to believe I interfered with the slide lock lever while firing the pistol. I do this often with my duty weapon, with how I grip the weapon.

I like this little cannon! The grip checkering is a bit aggressive, but I really don't think this thing is ment to be a comfortable range plinker. I qualified with it after the two-hundred rounds with twenty-five rounds, and that went flawlessly. It does recoil sharply, and I wouldn't recomend it for an inexperienced shooter, but its nothing horrible. I am still waiting on the pocket holster and the grip laser so I didn't get to try those out yet. I cleaned and lubed the gun up after my range trip today and everything looks great inside.

The Kahr PM9 is a DAO (double action only) "pocket pistol" in 9mm. Kahr also makes one in .40, but I opted for the easier to shoot (for this size of gun) 9mm. The gun is larger than a Ruger LCP, but smaller than a GLOCK 27. It does fit nicely in the pocket for casual carry. Its built similar to a GLOCk firearm in that it has a polymer frame and a metal (stainless) slide. It is also striker fired like the GLOCK.

Here is the Kahr PM9 (small gun with stainless steel slide) next to some other guns (Sig P220R Equinox, GLOCK 27, and GLOCK 22) for comparison:
IMAG07431.jpg

Kelly used to have a Kahr K9. She liked it, it was Timex reliable, and more accurate than it needed to be. We only sold it because she kept thumbing the magazine release during recoil. Usually when only one or two rounds were left.

Thanks for the review. I have both of the Glocks pictured above as well with the 27 for carry and the G22 for home (coincidentally with a light/laser under rail combo). However, I always liked how the Kahr is slimmer than the G27 and would consider the 9mm Kahr as a good summer carry firearm.

sounds good man! thanks for the write up.

ive been into shooting for a while, but living in the city couldn't get out much, and when my grandparents sold their country house, my old shotgun and rifle went along with it.

Can't wait to get my arms license in a year or so... I'm big on gun safety, but feel everyone should have the right to own one for GOOD purposes.
its the irresponsible people who dont lock up their weapons properly and dont know how to use them properly that give gun owners a bad name.

isnt it something like 60 percent of guns on the street are stolen during house robberies?

gun nut.. but not a glock fan.
grip angle doesnt do it for me..
more of a 1911 angle.
had a 4in xd 40 for a couple years.. was getting too much to carry
so went to a sub m&p 40.. best laser option on the market period
mpr.jpg

just the black family
black.jpg

have fun and be safe.. ever have a question on guns.. im also a good resource if needed.
flash.jpg

no offense beard, but you have that look of "one day im going to snap and my ability to use all these guns will come in quite handy"

otherwise, nice fricken collection man! beautiful set. looks zombie killing ready. you got all the bases covered!

further.. in that last pic.. i really dont have a gut like that.. but when firing some heavy duty arms.. u have a tendency to tighten up and flex everything u got lol

the collection is much much bigger..that just the evil black stuff..
dont get me into my wwii stuff..

thanks for the review! the pm9 with the laser sight is going to be my first purchase after the VA gets its shhhtuff together and pays me. i'm only 5'8" and 145lbs, so concealing anything more than my little .38 snubby is pretty much impossible, without really baggy clothes. the pm9 ought to work though.

beard, wtf are you shooting in that pic? awesome timing on the camera, whatever it was.

I've been seriously looking at the .45 version. I love the size and grip of the Taurus but... Well, it's a Taurus. The Kahr feels similar but is beautifully made.

I like what I hear about the Norinco 1911's. I'll probibaly get one of them to build as a carbine and a Ruger MkIII .22

Back
Top Bottom