'86 Interceptor 2 smoke project

Oh THAT Rochester! We've had several bikes in the shop from Rochester Hills. Got one in here now from there, a 1935 Zundapp.

I'll have to check with my son on the VF500F stuff. It's out in a shed and its pouring down rain here now, so since I'm afraid I might melt in the rain, I'll check on the stuff later.

Am I the only one who can't see any picture?

Attachments

• post.JPG
    post.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 355
Yeah, you might be the only one. It appears to be pretty clean. Should be pretty sweet tucked up in those fairings.

CharlieT said:
Oh THAT Rochester! We've had several bikes in the shop from Rochester Hills. Got one in here now from there, a 1935 Zundapp.

I'll have to check with my son on the VF500F stuff. It's out in a shed and its pouring down rain here now, so since I'm afraid I might melt in the rain, I'll check on the stuff later.
Oh, your such a tease ::)
Now we're getting the rain you just got.

When I got home I was able to see the pics... the cooler is the best way to ship a small motor, the little lunch box size is perfect for a thumper head and cylinder ;) Lookin good!

Fucking beautiful way to ship a motor. And a beautiful motor Inside. I can dig it. Now, find yourself a lighting coil from a DT and you'll be set. With the right VR it will run 12v as well.

Found a lighting coil, think I may even have an old R/R off a Hustler zero turn mower. Need to look, maybe that would work?
Took a few minutes this morning and mocked the engine in the frame. This picture is when I first put it in, but then I noticed that the drive gear is way to low. Then I measured some things, and I can actually utilize the front mount and raise the rear to where the drive gear is centered with the swing arm pivot. (In my head, thats where it should be.) Making the other engine mounts is going to be cake. Everything is lining up perfectly.

CAM00887_zps5knhhxp1.jpg

On a side note, I have a complete exhaust system for a GT380 that I am thinking of using. Only the center pipes, because those split into two, and then I can have pipes coming out on both sides. Do you guys think that is a bad idea? I can't get the stock exhaust, or an aftermarket exhaust system, to fit because the frame rails are too wide on this frame.

You know... I have a Ninja 250 and the frame angle is close, I wonder if the tank wouldn't just fit right in that thing and give it a new life? if yer into it measure width, length and set yer protractor on the frame rail and I'll do the same. any other parts you want jus holler

I would build an exhaust for It.

There are a handful of fellas on this site that can build one for you or help you build one when it gets to that point.

FOund the VF500F tank sitting up on a top shelf. Tank is straight, dent free, some spotty patchy rust spots inside. But has the common problem with these tanks in that it appears it was likely leaking at the very bottom seem and someone did a terribly pathetic job of patching/sealing it. Has the cap, but I'd have to sort thru some boxes to see if the petcock is around somewhere.

I'll try and get some pics today.

Man that's cool. I was afraid that the engine would look to tiny in there, but I can dig it! I don't know about how it would do performance wise, but the 380 pipes should work. The only thing about those that you know as well as I do is they are HEAVY!

hurco550 said:
Man that's cool. I was afraid that the engine would look to tiny in there, but I can dig it! I don't know about how it would do performance wise, but the 380 pipes should work. The only thing about those that you know as well as I do is they are HEAVY!

lol,so's your avatar ;D
I think if it was my project it would be nice to get an expansion chamber modded up somehow.. that is if I knew anyone who designed them..

You guys are right about the exhaust. I'll have to find someone to build one, or try to mod something.
CharlieT, if you don't mind taking a pic of the tank, I'd like to see it. And if you happen to find any of the other parts, I'd be glad to take those off your hands ;) Tuna A Fish, Let me look at the Interceptor tank first, then I can see what my options are. Thanks for the offer ;D

Bike looks good and needs a decent pipe. GT380 pipes are heavy and not at all suited to that motor or that bike. Search for a pipe that's designed for that motor. It's out there somewhere.

Thanks teazer. Will do. On a side note, I am having a friend make a custom top clamp so I can fit some bars on. I'm not going with the clip on's that i previously thought I was going to do. My back just won't be able to take it. I will keep all the stock parts so I have the option of going back if I wanted to. I also found an old CB350 (?) headlight that I'll be using instead of the big front faring that the Interceptors are known for.

Back
Top Bottom