Because Malcolm is still cool

Me and my buddy's probably saw that movie 20 time over that summer when it came out. My dad had just bought me a Hodaka Combat Wombat and every other Saturday he would take me and my friends to Saddleback M/C park in Orange County CA. We lived M/C's. Went to Speedway at OCR on Saturday nights, went to the first Super Bowl of MX at the LA Coliseum. Good times.

When I was 17 I worked (as a gopher) for K&N Motorcycles. It was before K&N sold out to Malcolm and started making filters. Malcolm was a mechanic at the time and riding Greeves. I had a beat up old DOT and used his cast off pistons in the DOT. Doing that didn't make me any better. Malcolm was/is one of those prodigies that can do no wrong on a bike. I reckon when he gets to 80 he'll still be faster than 90% of the riders out there.

When I was a kid in Florida, that movie defined motorcycling for me. Nowadays, I live close enough to shop in his dealership in Riverside, California. I understand they do some cool movie nights, bring on some guests and Malcolm is around often, though I haven't yet attended. Gotta get on to that.

Here's a picture of me in my favorite bike shirt:

Attachments

• She & Me with Oyster Can-small.jpg
    She & Me with Oyster Can-small.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 126
jbrtwork said:
When I was a kid in Florida, that movie defined motorcycling for me. Nowadays, I live close enough to shop in his dealership in Riverside, California. I understand they do some cool movie nights, bring on some guests and Malcolm is around often, though I haven't yet attended. Gotta get on to that.

Here's a picture of me in my favorite bike shirt:

I grew up in Riverside, I've bought several bikes from his dealership including my first street bike a RZ350.

Back
Top Bottom