1972 CB500, What would your best offer be?

El Diablo333

Just wondering what someone would buy this for:

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    861.7 KB · Views: 162
Let me the first - $1

I'm assuming based on the complete lack of into that you're looking for offers on the 2nd cardboard box in from the left.

Welcome to the site. You'll find that you get as much out as you put in, like most things in life.

See ill go the other way.
I wouldnt take that bike for free.
Maybe if someone was going to give me a few bucks to dispose of it.

I am worried about what the PO did to it.
Looks like it has almost every mistake and red flag in my book.

But I can see how some hipster would say "wow its a rare and hard to find CB" "i just cant find any of them in my area" "this one was there so ill start with that"

maybe he is.

I actually assumed that the OP was looking at a bike on CL and wanted a price check.
My statement does still stand though.

You couldnt pay me to take that mess.
And maybe im a heartless bastard, but i dont care if the story is he is some kid with no money and all that jazz.
I have never heard a good excuse to "build" a bad bike.

What would anyone buy it for? Parts maybe......

That sounds harsh, but it doesn't look very professional and we have no details to work from and no idea if it runs or has a title.

No fender/fork brace, chopped rear fender and a wonky tail/tag mount, no mufflers, pod filters, everything "murdered" (makes it look like you're covering something up), missing a gauge and I bet it's the speedo so no one knows the mileage, fork lowers are painted but missing dust caps, cables all look like they're trashed, etc etc etc...

You're gonna have do do a lot of defending to the above decisions before someone is gonna make you an offer that isn't straight up offensive.

Kinda have to agree with what's already been said, I think I'd have to pass (and I've been known to make bad decisions buying motorbikes).

Well if nobody else is going to step up to the plate to find how it handles a 100mph slide, I'll throw a leg over for god, science and great justice!

Only one thing is sure; it will look a whole lot more cooler.

Back
Top Bottom