wondering about a cb360

pat_in_the_hat

So Ive been looking for another bike. I built a typical hardtail bobber out of an xs650 a few years ago and I have the itch again.
I saw this bike on craigslist and I dont know much about the cb360s. It looks like a nice bike.
Its a smaller motor, does it put out decent enough power? Whats the going price for a bike in this condition? Whats your guys opinion, what should I offer him? Or should I hold out for a 650 or 750 to come along?
http://helena.craigslist.org/mcy/5703149604.html
00505_lpMfBFOuPr4_600x450.jpg

I love them. Not a long distance bike by any stretch, but you can make them hit 100 pretty easily. That price is right around where it should be. Not bad. The kickstarter shaft is not the hugest deal to fix, and it's not a rare part. There are some necessary factory recall type mods that should be done, but also nothing too difficult. If that were near me, I'd already have bought it.

There is a bunch good about them, for one thing the 6 speed tranny is nice. They can be a good, reliable commuter if you don't have to be out trying to play in heavy traffic on major highways. There are things about them that can be a bit picky but there are several owners on here who've been successful working through them; lots of good advice and experience. Then, of course there's CrazyPJ here ob DTT. He knows 'em inside and out and is happy to share his expertise.

Thanks for the help guys!
But the seller didnt respond to my email and I dont see the posting anymore. So Im guessing he sold it..
guess it wasnt meant to be. pretty bummed
I need another project... haha

Back
Top Bottom