1978 Yamaha XS650

Re: 1978 Yamaha XS650

Is it comfortable riding with clubman's and no rear sets? I really like the look of clubman's and clipons but im just hesitant to buy the bars

Sliced in by my Droid Razr

Wellll no but once I get the money to buy rearsets I surely will. Also I would like clipons because even though they are lower they still come a little closer to you which actually feels better than clubmans.

I just cant wait until after school when I have a job so I can tear it all down and do it right....

Very nicely done man 8)
Make sure if you run clip-ons on the bike you have room from lock to lock on the front end. If not right will tap or worse dent your tank learned this hard way but didnt have tank painted ;)

Yeah thanks. I am already dealing with that as the head light brackets are maybe a mm from hitting the tank. But I think if I move them down a little and put the clipons on right under the triple all will be well.

Cloyd said:
Wellll no but once I get the money to buy rearsets I surely will. Also I would like clipons because even though they are lower they still come a little closer to you which actually feels better than clubmans.

I haven't tried riding with clubmans or clip ons but I love the look. I haven't tool the plunge yet...

grgaSH said:
I used alu polishing paste and toothbrush :D for outside cleaning carbs... after cleaning just rubbing with cloth, some parts are nickel plated...

Fotografija-0050.jpg

frg12.jpg

frg13.jpg

frg16.jpg

Nice work!

Cloyd said:
I love parts day. New headlight, grips, headlight ears, fuel line, and filters.....

Parts day is like Christmas but you know you're going to like what you get!

Cloyd said:
And my stickers finally came in. I think they look pretty decent. Also added a new gas cap, chrome bar top, chrome steering stem bolt and renthal grips.

Looking great. I really like the trim on the seat and red on the tank. It looks really nice.

Just made these little plates to clean up the rear end. Did not want to cut off the passenger foot peg and exhaust mounts so I came up with this. Next I am gonna drill some holes and polish them up.

Attachments

• IMG_20120802_173417.jpg
    IMG_20120802_173417.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 192
Those are dope, this is absolutely what it's all about...built not bought. No disrespect to all of our great DTT parts purveyors!

quote author=Cloyd link=topic=34459.msg435770#msg435770 date=1343947101]
Just made these little plates to clean up the rear end. Did not want to cut off the passenger foot peg and exhaust mounts so I came up with this. Next I am gonna drill some holes and polish them up.
[/quote]

....and it's amazing what a new gold zinc chain can do for your game at the bar. Lol.

Cloyd said:

Very well done man and i forget but are you running rear-sets ? If there strong enough might be good place to mount a set :)

Testing our dads new bad ass motorcycle air lift. And fixing my brakes so I can finally take it for a ride.

Attachments

• IMG_20120805_184417.jpg
    IMG_20120805_184417.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 247
Back
Top Bottom