Prescription goggles

S

sovern

I need prescription glasses to see and was wondering if anyone knows of vintage-style goggles that I could get prescription lenses for?

I have the same problem and have found moto X goggles that work with prescription glasses. Not vintage goggles though... :(

I believe this ones work glasses underneath them; but I might be wrong
http://www.i-volution2008.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=31

crqcycles said:
I believe this ones work glasses underneath them; but I might be wrong
http://www.i-volution2008.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=31

those are pretty sweet. Can anyone verify if glasses can fit under them? What I am really looking for are some round goggles with prescription lens, not built in/held in places lens but part of the actual goggle.

Don't think they will work. If you look at the pics, you will see a divider between the lenses. I have a pair of googles that are eyeglass-friendly. Bought em on Ebay. If I remember, they are called Big Ben. No metal framing but does the job, well.

$270 for Rx goggles doesn't sound expensive to me. Eyewear isn't cheap (or at least decent eyewear isn't cheap). I've never been a 'goggle' guy - I wear a full face, but if I was, I think I might go for their 'Aviator' style over the Spyder. Would have to try them on.

There are classic goggles designed to fit over glasses - I have a pair of cheap EMGO like this. Never worn them - have nightmares of glass shards being shoved into my eyeballs.

Tim said:
$270 for Rx goggles doesn't sound expensive to me. Eyewear isn't cheap (or at least decent eyewear isn't cheap). I've never been a 'goggle' guy - I wear a full face, but if I was, I think I might go for their 'Aviator' style over the Spyder. Would have to try them on.

There are classic goggles designed to fit over glasses - I have a pair of cheap EMGO like this. Never worn them - have nightmares of glass shards being shoved into my eyeballs.

$270 usually isn't THAT much for glasses, just more than I want to spend. Especially considering I plan to buy a new pair of glasses (for daily use) soon anyway. I'm jealous of people who can buy goggles for $30. I've tried contact lens -- hate them -- and f*** corrective eye surgery.

I'll look into those EMGO you referred to.

If price is the primary concern, websites like zennioptical.com do have a small selection of prescription goggles. they aren't the coolest specs on the block but for under $50 i don't think you can expect much. i've ordered a few pair of everyday glasses from zenni and never had an issue. just need to supply your prescription at checkout and wait about 2 weeks.

patrickshofner said:
If price is the primary concern, websites like zennioptical.com do have a small selection of prescription goggles. they aren't the coolest specs on the block but for under $50 i don't think you can expect much. i've ordered a few pair of everyday glasses from zenni and never had an issue. just need to supply your prescription at checkout and wait about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the suggestion - not really what I'm looking for. Price isn't necessarily my primary concern, but if I'm going to pay 200-250+ I want to make sure they're the exact ones I want, and as of today I haven't seen all that many that I am considering.

Back
Top Bottom