IF I could have ONE of my bikes / cars from the past ...........

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Got me thinking - in response to a post over in DTT / UK [ courtesy of Pod ] I posed the question to myself .." If I could have ONE of my bikes / cars back from the past - what would it be?" 8)

Now at this point folk who know me would be expecting to see MY wish from the past .. but at this point I'm still thinking - over 55 years of "toys" to mull over.

So, I'm still thinking ;D

Bikes? ................. Manx Goldie, ex Bob Mac Connie, My Cafe Racer'd Mk1 Lemon, Race Tribsa, a real sweet Domiracer [ real one ], 500 unit Tricati, 175 Moto Parilla, maybe even one of my outfits ....... yep it'll be a week or 3 yet.

Cars? .................. Alpine GTA Turbo, my Comp Altered '27T, Renault 4CV with 1300 Gordini engine, Alfa GTa 2 ltr with full Autodelta package, ex. Count Luigi / Jon Goddard-Watts Berkley race car [ Constellation engine ]

- little pre-holiday nostalgia trip guys - let's say no more than one of each and WHY..............bike, car.

Hoof can't play, as he's still got his ;) ;)!!!!!! [ Manx ]

Wow,
I couldn't just choose one!

Cars:
1969 series 2 rover, 1969 Porsche 911, 1966 mustang

Bikes: 1979 sr500, 1995 gsxr750 I just loved the way it handled! I still have most of the rest of them.

You need this section too!

Girls: The blond with the fantastic ass!

neckyzips said:
Wow,
I couldn't just choose one!

Cars:
1969 series 2 rover, 1969 Porsche 911, 1966 mustang

Bikes: 1979 sr500, 1995 gsxr750 I just loved the way it handled! I still have most of the rest of them.

You need this section too!

Girls: The blond with the fantastic ass!

No ......... the deal is list as many as you want ......but the magic fairy will only allow you to have one of each ...................

Cars:
1973 Porsche 911RS
1969 Alfa Romeo GTV 1750
1962 VW Cal Look Squareback

Bikes:
1976 Honda 125 Elsinore
1970 Honda Mini Trail 50
1968 Taco Mini Bike
1983 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts Edition

Lots of cool stuff mentioned.. I just want back my first car and first bike.
1991 Toyota corolla (killed by myself and a Celica)
1980 KZ750E (sold to a guy whose let it sit and rot for almost 4 years)

Cars:
1982 Honda civic wagon, when I was 12 my brother and I rallied that on dirt tracks until my dad sold it for $100. in hind site that probably saved both our lives.
1974 ford F350, that beast and her 6MPG was the reason I had no money in high school.

Bikes:
1975 Honda CB77 Superhawk.
1964 CL90.

My dads 1991 Golf mkIII 16v with neuspeed anti roll bars, eibach springs and bilstein shocks. "The 3 wheeler"
Still have my first and only bike so...

Car: 92 Miata, stripped and setup for Street Prepared autocross.
Bike: My first bike... 79 KZ750B twin.
Still have the best girl ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: IF I could have ONE of my bikes / cars from the past ...........

juan@crqcycles said:
My dads 1991 Golf mkIII 16v with neuspeed anti roll bars, eibach springs and bilstein shocks. "The 3 wheeler"

Those things are so funny cornering all cocked up like that. Didn't seem to slow them down at all though!

See, I learned from all the "Wish I never sold it" stories. So I still have most all of it. Short of a 1982 Ford Granada and 1987 VW Fox I miss dearly since it was smucked, It dont take much to write off a $1,000 car...

I have 2 that I miss.

90 fj62 land cruiser. immaculate body, zero rust and ran great with 200k on the clock.
68 ford galaxie fastback. 22' long, 2 doors and would bury the needle on the speedo and still got 20 miles to the gallon.

Car-1984 Toyota Tercel Hatchback.

Worst car ever for, save for one quality...durability. Couldn't kill it, and therefore had some good times.

Bike-1982 Yamaha Maxim 650

Not my first choice, but loved wrenching on it and wish I never sold it.

Should do a real wish of things that I want but can't afford.

1986 Dodge Ram 50. its only weakness was rust. I wheeled that thing with jeeps (depite having 2wd), drifted it like a nissan, and crashed it time and time again and never put a cent into it. anything smashed could be smashed back and it always started and ran. Started driving it when I was 13 and sold it when I went to college and moved onto the unreliable mistake that is volkswagen.

Cars:
1975 International Travelall- was just a cool wagon to drive.
1993 Jeep Wrangler- I wheeled the crap out of that thing.

Bikes:
1976 cb360- my first build. I miss it.

Re: Re: IF I could have ONE of my bikes / cars from the past ...........

BLSully said:
Those things are so funny cornering all cocked up like that. Didn't seem to slow them down at all though!

4 wheels...3 wheels...2 wheels...Those things just fly in the corners!

Anyway, what I meant to say is I'm going to get the magic Fairy to bring back my Manx / Goldie.

The reason - it combined the best of British chassis components [ at the time ] and an affordable powerplant with some character. I also bought it very cheap, and sold it for lots ! Still regret not having it.

Here's the only pic I still have after Mrs.B 1st. torched all the others

img020.jpg

Car: 1968 Firebird 400 convertable. Paid $400 for it back in the early '90's, which gives you an idea of the condition it was in. Wrecked in the drivers door/jamb, non running, stored for many many years, top rotted off, etc. No real rust, and it was all there. It even had A/C! Only like 25% of all Firebird production in '68 were equipped with A/C, and this was a convertable with A/C.
I could stand back and squint, and I could see the car she wanted to be. The car I wanted her to be. But alas, at the time I had no clue what it would take to get her there or the skills to make it happen. She was my first project vehicle and I failed her. I ended up trading her for bodywork and a paintjob on my '75 TA (another car I wish I still had, and would be #2 on the list if the Fairy allowed). If I knew then what I know now, I'd still have that car.

Motorcycle: 19?? Honda 305 Scrambler. This was my Dads bike. He bought it when I was 5-6 years old. It came to us as a frame, wheels, and several boxes and mason jars full of disassembled motorcycle. I "helped" build it back up with my Dad over the next few months. It was the first bike I ever rode on, and it was where my passion for two wheels was born. That's the bike I'd wish for.

The bike would be either My Dad's black Honda CA77 dream (64 or 65 I don't remember exactly). It was the first bike I ever got a ride on. He got it in partial payment for putting in a drive way for a neighbor in '66! I'd also like my very first real motorcycle. An early '70s OSSA 250. It was a real bastard of parts my brother and his budy made a hardcore dirt bike out of. It started life as a street bike- but other than frame and motor, nothing else was Ossa. I bought it from him when he went to college for $50! Ran like a raped ape and was always trying to kill my ignorant 14 year old ass.
The car would be my first truck, a 1979 Dodge D100 Adventurer I bought in 1981. Put a built 340 in it, big & little tires, all the usul hot rod stuff. I was an airman in the USAF living in the barracks so all my money went into my truck. Well everything that was left after beer and girls!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom