Sons of Anarchy: Men of Melodrama

I think more people died in the episodes I saw than the entire Vietnam war

Saw a deal on it a while back, Gemma alone has accounted for 79 deaths up to the middle of season 7.

"Men of Melodrama" pretty well sums it up. I watched a few of the first episodes but couldn't get past the cognitive dissonance of drama queen/biker gang TV. Some are decent actors, but the whole project was pretty ghastly. Whenever I see someone wearing SOA gear, it's always some wannabe tough-guy and I wonder if his life matches the melodrama of the show. It also, I should add, seemed to fuel the posers to run out and gobble up showroom Harleys. IMHO none of the bikes on the show were interesting -- no cool old Harleys, at least not that I noticed in my limited exposure.

How ghey is this....

anarchy1.jpg

See, I have all this time invested in watching it. I kept watching hoping I would love it. I'm in it for the duration, though. :-D I think what would've made this a really good show, is if it were more a study of gang culture. Instead, I found a bro soap opera. If it followed say a good cop drama, it would have an air of authenticity. I know the star, Hunnam, shadowed some gang members to research the role, but I think all he came away with were white sneakers and a swagger. :-D

It sort of got boring after a few seasons. So much drama. The show lost any focus or cool factor that it once was.

SOA was the most liberal, tolerant outlaw bike gang that ever existed. Including members who were multi-ethnic and one who had relations with a tranny. Try that with a real 1% club.

DrJ said:
SOA was the most liberal, tolerant outlaw bike gang that ever existed. Including members who were multi-ethnic and one who had relations with a tranny. Try that with a real 1% club.

holly-kweird IS filth and liberalism , i guess that is why SOA fit in well there, eh ?

Back
Top Bottom