Where to find cheap rear fenders?

fourmj

Hi everyone, I've been looking for some rear fenders for my 1980 Honda CB750C. I've searched a few sites and I can't really find anything that fits or is a good price.
The rear tire of my bike says 130/90-16, so that's a 16" rear rim diameter. I'm looking for a rear fender that's about 4 inches wide and maybe 20 inches long. I can cut it down to length. My price point is under $100. It should be smooth and non-ribbed. If anyone knows any good sites or has any links to something like that I would really appreciate it.

I'm looking for something like this:
album-72157629388923309

and this:
Da7AHZY

Thanks again!

Edit: Don't know how to make the images show, so here are the links:
http://imgur.com/Da7AHZY
and
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bwfc59/8195805053/in/album-72157629388923309/
The fender pic on imgur is basically the type that CRD put on all of their early brat CB750 bikes.

I just picked up something that looks just like those that you linked to from ebay for about $10 shipped. The one I got was an NOS aftermarket fiberglass motocross fender from the 70s/80s that was 4 inches wide and 29 inches long. It was still in the plastic and still had a tag on it. It was listed as being plastic but it is for sure some nice quality thick fiberglass. I got lucky on the price, condition and it fit perfectly. I'm using it for my front fender for a scrambler build. I found something similar, though newer and plastic, for the rear.

I did a lot of searching online but could not find anything new that wasn't way out of my budget so I turned to ebay for older stuff to repurpose. I spent a couple of weeks searching ebay for fiberglass or aluminum motorcycle fenders before I found what I wanted. They are out there though.

Another option could be an old front fender from a different bike. I used a front fender from a late 70's Goldwing for the rear fender of one of my KZ400s. One end of the fender was bent up pretty badly so I got it for cheap, but I knew I needed to cut it down to fit my application so it was perfect for my use. I also wasn't concerned about the condition of the chrome because I was painting it satin black. If you're not too concerned about weight savings and steel is okay then this could be a really good option.

Back
Top Bottom