First bike ever!!!! 1978 Honda CB550k, Back on track

Finally finished front wheel, man was it tough... Having never laced anything before it was a challenge, especially since my pictures and notes from when I took it apart were not the greatest. Finally after some yOutube videos and figuring out my chicken scratch notes I started attempt 1. Then 2 then 3 failed attempts I got it right. First laced the inside spokes then outside. Finally tightend and all that's left is to make a truing stand and center it up!

Rear wheel should be sandblasted this weekend and then repeat the process with more efficiency hopefully. Tough process only the first time around!

And voila :)
4abd220e.jpg

55d157b3.jpg

Looks good man. You don't actually need a truing stand though. You can just put the axle in and put each end on jack stands. A dial indicator helps a lot too. But get it true around within. 150", the left and right within. 150". Keep working back and forth til you get it.

Hey Southpaw, just took a look at the members map and realized that we're practically neighbours. I'm in Waterloo. Your frame and wheels are looking great. I've got my CB350 apart and will be looking for a powder coater soon. Would you mind telling me where you got yours done?

Cheers,
Arnie

Well It has been quite a while since I have been here... Lets give you guys an update first.
My mom passed away last June, and I moved away from home in September to Sudbury for school. I am now almost done my first year of college and will be home next weekend. Itching to pick up where I left off with this build and finally get it all finished. If anyone has a set of 550k headers they do not need let me know as I do not wish to chop up the 4 to 4 complete system just to turn it into a 4-2. A seat would also help.

Thanks and it feels good to be back.

Back
Top Bottom