Electrical questions on a Honda C70 Passport

CaferacerMO

Been Around the Block
Hey guys, I know this is a little scooter related but I just know I will get a little better help on this end as opposed to a moped forum, especially since most C70 Passport forums are via Yahoo groups which are a nightmare to use.

I picked up a 1981 Honda C70 passport for 50 bucks (funny story actually) and it literally only have the wiring harness, no electrical components at all like a coil etc.

My question is what all will I need to buy now?

I have a list of everything I THINK I'll need
I actually plan to go for more of a barebones rat rod/café kind of style on this so that being said I am running the legal minimum electrically.. here in MO you are only required to run a headlight and a running tail light that functions on at least one brake switch, so that is all i'll be running as well as whats required to run.. lol.. here's my list, call me out if I am forgetting something..

1. ignition
2. starter relay
3. 6v battery
4. rectifier
5. ignition coil

question, I plan to go kick start only, this being said is a starter relay/solenoid going to be required? I know whenever I did kickstart only on my kz200 I was able to toss that. Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

1.) I assume you mean the switch?
4.) Use one from an XT500. Super cheap and just as good (if not better).

Sonreir said:
1.) I assume you mean the switch?
4.) Use one from an XT500. Super cheap and just as good (if not better).

The switch as in an keyed ignition.

And I'll go with the xt500 one! Anything else I may need?

Back
Top Bottom