KDX 200 Project thing

54211-6104793.jpg

check out my ar80 build in cafes. been running the trail tech vapor on that bike (and a few of my other past builds). works great and is cheap. plus as i'm sure you know, it also tells cylinder head temp, air temp, and rpms, and it has programmable shift and temp warning lights. i highly suggest it.

Thoughts?
75 bucks gets me everything here minus the wheel, tire, and rotor.
Their off a 2003 KTM SX250 he believes, but the all balls racing site doesn't even show KTM as a swappable option for Kawasaki? Maybe I'm missing it?
He's also saying I can have split cases of an engine, the frame (I'm assuming from this bike) and a complete engine which I'm starting to love this guy if he's really being serious.

Went out on a limb and got it, needless to say I definitely got the deal of the day.. Details to come.

Those will work fantastic if you take the time to set them up right, which could include adding or removing frame rake

Here are the boxes of stuff I got.
For 100 bucks I got a frame, swing arm, front forms, the plastics, gas tank, fmf expansion chamber and pipe, electrical components, a nearly complete engine (all in pieces).. I'd say it's about 70% of a complete box.

I'm not even going to attempt rebuilding the motor, I can only imagine how many little screws are missing. Lol.

Needless to say anything you see minus the forks is for sale, I'll be selling all of it pretty cheap too.

Okay, so I've never swapped a front end but I'm going to do it in chunks.
First being addressing the front wheel and adapting it to this front end. Will it be possible to keep the front wheel on it now or will I have to buy a new KTM wheel that goes with this axle?

Re: KDX 200 Project thing

It depends on the diameter of the stock axle vs de new ktm one, and if there's a chance that you could swap some bearings or turn some axles on the lathe and make your front end swap.
Getting the ktm wheel, will surely help you out not having to make the guessing, measuring and cutting/adapting

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Okay so here's what I've been thinking tank wise, sand blast it to bare metal and then sharpie art it, and then clear coat over. Since this is kind of a Frankenstein style bike I think it would be just funky enough to look good. What do you guys think?
Here's a little sketch I threw together in about 20 minutes to give y'all an idea of what abstract design I would maybe be going for
60d9693f15c3ef239609630654b51cd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice idea, maybe consider basing it in flat white then sharpie art, you wont see detail on bare iron.

Opinions?
The current gas cap is leaky and doesn't like to screw in right, I have a feeling the PO just tossed one in that he had laying around.. Anyone have experience with these?
9ece10baa3c3d2bc1e8321ab9b43dc05.jpg

Okay guys I need some opinions. I got my front end all loosely mocked up because I am going to start looking for a machine shop that can machine me some spacers.. Then I saw just how tall the front end is.. Is this going to be too long? Should a get a smaller front wheel or what do you guys think?
4833c6d69036c1daee12e191280d4838.jpg

Back
Top Bottom