My 73 SL350 K2 build

73SL350K2

This is my bike is I just purchased for $200 here in phoenix. Not sure which way I am going with it yet, but for now I think I will get it driveable and ho from there. It has a 21" front wheel that I think looks pretty cool, but may need shorter forks to lower the front. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2013-01-10_21-55-15_270.jpg
    2013-01-10_21-55-15_270.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 271
Re: My and 73 SL350 K2 build

I think I may try something like this

Attachments

• cb750-1.jpg
    cb750-1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 775
Re: My and 73 SL350 K2 build

I got the straight pipe built and welded on today, eventually they will be ceramic coated ore chromed in black chrome. I took it for a spin down the road. It runs pretty good, but has some old fuel still left in the tank so full throttle kinda craps out. This old bike is loud with the straight pipes. Before welding and cutting the pipes I slid them over the headers to figure out the length for the best tone. where they are now has a real deep throaty sound and not really that hollow pipe sound. Next up is build a race/cafe racer seat to hide the battery and other electronics in. I also need to get new tires for it if anyone knows of a good place. I am on a very limited budget that's kinda why I built/building the exhaust and seat, plus I want it to be one of a kind. the bike has a 21" front wheel, but all the cafe's I have seen have like 18's or they both match anyway. I kinda like the bigger front wheel what are some of the pro's and con's if anyone knows? I have worked on cars of all sorts since I was a kid and a handful of dirt bikes and I have always wanted to tackle a motorcycle, so forgive me for my low motorcycle IQ and feel free to correct me on any matter that will help me learn as well. Also, does anyone know where to get the chrome "race" style air filter cones? they kinda flare out like a trumpet and have a screen in them. I am really trying to keep a real vintage feel to this bike. I think I am going to keep the SL tank but get a new one without dents in it I really like how bulky it is. Does anyone know what the original SL mufflers are worth? I have a set they aren't in perfect condition, but they can be repainted and I think one has a small rust hole that could be welded. Anyways, I want to sell them if they are worth a decent amount.

Attachments

• Zacl's Bike.jpg
    Zacl's Bike.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Zac's bike 2.jpg
    Zac's bike 2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 257
  • Zac's bike 3.jpg
    Zac's bike 3.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 270
Hows the build coming along i was vary interested in this. Wanted to see how the bike comes out i have a sl350 k2 about to do the same to.

I haven't done much on it lately. I really kinda like the bike the way it looks I will probably repaint the frame the factory color and clean up the motor. I love the tank the way it is I just wish there was a way to get rid of the huge dent on the the tank and keep the patina of the old paint. send me a link to your bike I'd like to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom