Copper plated spokes...

valvesprung

Over 1,000 Posts
At this point I have a '77 KZ 400. This winter I plan to strip it down, paint the frame glossy black, the tank seat and side covers flat matel flake silver with a black stripe, and having the barrle of the wheels podercoated black.

If I get the wheels coated, I'll be respoking the wheels as well. I gat a wild hare to copper plate the spokes...what do you guys think of that...

Bike to be transformed...

BRUISER.jpg

As long as there are other copper accents it sounds interesting. Of course you could just sand them down and let them rust ;)

copper color? or actual copper? real copper would patina lika a mofo, and if that's what you're going for cool, but keep it in mind.

copper (or gold) looks good on black:

motostrano_1958_37458070

Hey thats Cool...
Im planning to paint my spokes black and leave the rim chrome...
It was suggested that I put black straws on my spokes instead!!.. LOL!!

The nice thing about copper is you can get away with throwing on soem clear coat...that should keep it shiny ;D

Brass plating used to be popular on choppers and T Buckets. Copper or brass plated parts could be powder coated clear to keep from tarnishing.

black rim/hub and brass spokes look soooo good. the black rim makes the tire look like it has double the sidewall.

chrome spokes but...
DSC014271.jpg

Back
Top Bottom