Cb350 valve adjustment

hendog094

Alright guys new builder in progress so please excuse my lack of intelligence when it comes to bikes. I'm a college student playing around with my 1973 cb350 when I can and I'm having some issues getting it going.

The issues:
Idles at 1k and won't exceed that
Only blows exhaust out of one muffler (the right)
Backfires occasionally

First thing that came to mind for me was a carb rebuild. I changed all my jets to stock and replaced gaskets and rubbers. Still no help though. I'm guessing it needs valve adjustments as my left cylinder ( the one with no air from exhaust ) is too tight whereas my right is too loose. Any thoughts y'all?

do a complete tune up ;),adjust all valves,new sparkplugs, new points ,adjust cam chain, inspect clean lube the advancer etc

hendog094 said:
Alright I can try that. Any knowledge on how to adjust the valves on a cb350?
the shop manual download it, read it,the valves on the 350 are as tricky to get right as any out there
have you ever adjusted valves on anything ?

I would also say, from experience, make sure you have enough gas in the tank. :-[

I had some sputtering problems last night, one side not firing, then both sides acting weak. All sorts of things went through my head. Turns out it was a fuel problem. As in I didn't have any. When I walked home and got the gas can, all those other problems I was trying to diagnose went away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-tCIRJH9p0

Back
Top Bottom