Bye bye, Flo!

pidjones

Over 1,000 Posts
Received my renewal notice from Progressive today - they INCREASED my premium on the 2006 GL1800 by over $50! The accompanying paperwork sez that it is because (this really tans my 61 year-old hide) I haven't taken out an auto loan in over ten years! (Hell, no, I paid cash!)

Call my State Farm agent (all our other insurance is through them) and they want over $100 LESS than what I paid Progressive last year for the same coverage!

That red lipstick must be getting real expensive, girl!

Why in the HELL should that even freaking matter? I knew there was a reason why I got rid of Progressive years ago. WTF.

If you don't keep getting credit and paying it off your credit rating goes down which makes you a greater risk for insurance because you're not feeding the machine -- welcome to capitalism.

I just added a bike to my policy and the net change was down a buck!
Been with progressive for years with my bikes and cars.
Can't say anything bad about them.

Go fuck yourself as I sometimes like to say! I was a little late with a Gieco payment awhile back. They raised my rates way up! I'm with Farmers a the present! lol

My insurance is $24 a month and I have no option as to who I pay. I must go through the government. If I want to add fancy stuff like collision and theft I sometimes have private options, but my basic insurance MUST go through the govt.

So is $300 a year cheap compared to what you guys pay?

Cosworth, you don't want to know what we pay in the USA for full coverage on a bike.....

If my insurance agent quoted me $300 a year for one bike, I'd laugh in her face.

1977 Honda CB550 - $1,175.00/year. Manitoba. Like you, we have to register through common provincial insurance provider. So, no... $300/year is not a lot.

Well full coverage on my bike is about $1000 a year. But that's fire, theft, declared value at $4000, collision, a free accident, loss of use, rental car, blah blah. Full monty.

~$75 a year for 3 bikes.
I upped the liability coverage and have towing, but no collision

$75?

Ok I know you guys have "tags" but that's not the same as insurance from what I understand. We don't have tags, we just have insurance and that's it.

Or do you honestly pay $75 a year for insurance on all three bikes? wth?

I have fisher price insurance that my daughter sold me yesterday - she's 2. It's surprisingly comprehensive.

It cost me 3 buttons and a toy dinosaur but if I crash I get the dinosaur back.

Flo just droppeed my insurance from $150 ($75 each for 2 bikes) to $121 total for 2 bikes. Cheaper than anyone else in the area. Then again, I have an auto loan active). I buy cars with loans, but not bikes.

Hell I don't have any insurance on my bike. It was a wreck when I got it, if I crash it bad enough not to be able to fix it I will probably be in hospital anyway. I don't think anyone will steal it as it is a bitch to start cold and I park it in PITA spots to get in and out of. I pay $300ish a year for Rego and CTP (covers injuries to anyone I crash into)

cosworth said:
$75?

Ok I know you guys have "tags" but that's not the same as insurance from what I understand. We don't have tags, we just have insurance and that's it.

Or do you honestly pay $75 a year for insurance on all three bikes? wth?

I moved from UK to USA 8 years ago. It can be confusing. Insurance is the same as in UK, you pay for what you get and it's generally considerably cheaper over here than in UK unless that is you have anything on your driving record. There is a point system applied in some states but it varies state by state and what's considered for insurance purposes is more your history. A simple thing can spike your insurance rates so people try and avoid going through insurance if it can be helped. Plus most policies come with a large excess or what is called a "deductible" over here. It's not unreasonable to get full coverage for $75 on three bikes that are typical 500cc-ish bracket and older than 15 years so long as the rider has a clean record and is over 30.

Now tags are also a state thing and they are basically what's called your registration. It's a slightly different system than in UK. Over there the license plate stays with the vehicle. Over here you get a new plate when you buy the vehicle and the previous owner gets to keep the old plates for posterity. It's also a huge pain in the ass cos you have to go to the DMV office and file the paperwork to get the plates which often takes about 5 hours.

This is so that the vehicle can be registered to the new owner either in the same or different state. Tags are placed on the plate each year showing month and date of expiry (i.e. in 12 months) to show that the registration fee (tax) is paid just like the tax disc in the UK.

Geico, $99/year for two bikes. Increased injury and collision- just in case I don't see that Escalade!

Cosworth, no, that is our insurance. It varies from state to state based on state laws, but I pay $95 a year for liability on my bike. That is up from $75 about 5 years ago. I may shop around again.

My tags are even less.

Ha you Muricans get full coverage for less then half the cost of us Canuckistans get liability only. I pay 495 for 2 very old bikes liability only, and each one costs 40 bucks to tag every season. If I wanted theft, collision, etc. it would quadruple and they would still make me pay a 500 deductable if any of that happened then value my bikes at 800-1000 ea. so I would net 300-500 and that just blows. So Instead I don;t pay the 1500 a year more for that and the 1 time I wreck a bike that is my fault I will just pay to fix it or get a new old bike. Just like my civic LOL

Maritime said:
Ha you Muricans get full coverage for less then half the cost of us Canuckistans get liability only. I pay 495 for 2 very old bikes liability only, and each one costs 40 bucks to tag every season. If I wanted theft, collision, etc. it would quadruple and they would still make me pay a 500 deductable if any of that happened then value my bikes at 800-1000 ea. so I would net 300-500 and that just blows. So Instead I don;t pay the 1500 a year more for that and the 1 time I wreck a bike that is my fault I will just pay to fix it or get a new old bike. Just like my civic LOL

You guys should sack the queen...

Back
Top Bottom