Bye bye, Flo!

Those progessive still charge you for the whole year? I remember when I was looking for motorcycle insurance, they said they don't do seasonal insurance so I would have to pay for the whole year, same with Gieco, F' that I called State Farm and I am only paying like $11 a month full coverage.

That is year 'round. I ride 12 months a year. The lizard seems to be best right now, after finding out the State Farm quote was for 6 months. Still beating Flo.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Cafe_to_go said:
Those progessive still charge you for the whole year? I remember when I was looking for motorcycle insurance, they said they don't do seasonal insurance so I would have to pay for the whole year, same with Gieco, F' that I called State Farm and I am only paying like $11 a month full coverage.

$60.50 per bike, for a full year.....a 6 month policy anywhere else would be the same...I used to get that. That is why Progressive has different rates depending on state too.....You ride more in Florida or Texas then in the North east. I bet if I moved to Fl, my progressive rate would go up...

I have Geico and I pay $10 a month/$118 a year for full coverage and tow recovery. Be careful of Progressive with their motorcycle coverage. I have heard multiple horror stories of Progressive totaling bikes with minimum damage and NOT allowing you to buy it back claiming that it is a safety issue. Then 2 months later you see someone bought it from auction and is now selling YOUR bike on craigslist.

High On Octane said:
I have Geico and I pay $10 a month/$118 a year for full coverage and tow recovery. Be careful of Progressive with their motorcycle coverage. I have heard multiple horror stories of Progressive totaling bikes with minimum damage and NOT allowing you to buy it back claiming that it is a safety issue. Then 2 months later you see someone bought it from auction and is now selling YOUR bike on craigslist.

Having Liability only, means Progressive has no claim on my bike. If it gets totaled by someone else, there insurance can pay for replacement, if I total it, I still own it.

I suspect that the rules, even with progressive, vary state to state because insurance is state regulated. Means a consistent experience is not likely state to state.

Geico wanted $700 year, for my 91 NH750 (full coverage).....I only paid $2k for the bike....$700 is a little much for an old, cheap bike.

Geico would not insure for liability only, which is the quote I asked for....I also checked Geico for my car insurance, and they were much higher for the same level of coverage I have with Allstate.

All this means is that it pays to shop around. If you are young, the rates are higher...Old farts like me with good credit ratings do a little better on insurance rates.

The key is to shop around and keep going back and forth. All insurance is underwritten by the same people at the end of the day. They have big houses and nice plates. Call the lizard and get a quote then go to the farm and get another and then go back to the lizard with the farm quote. Take this new quote to flo and then take her quote to the farm... I bet you'll end up with them all agreeing to give you the same thing at the end of the day. Just be careful not to take flo to the farm on the lizard cos you're probably not covered...

That's not entirely true Ribo. My wife used to work in a State Farm office, and their "bottom line" was the bottom line at that time. The only way to get a policy cheaper than that was if the agent would take a loss on their commission of the policy (good luck with that one). Now, insurance rates do go up and down periodically to attract insurance shoppers. So it does pay to get quotes every 3-6 months from other companies.

I'm 21 with solid credit (mid 700's) for my age and paid $230/year for liability with uninsured motorist coverage on the 79' CB750. I paid extra for that because I have been in two hit in runs in 5 months on the same fucking street and luckily I got the license plate number both times.

The first time, surprisingly enough, the deductible was sent when they found the owner so I lucked out there(although it was 4 months later and the accident happened after I did a bunch of body work to my car, then that son of a bitch ruined it and fled).

Now the other hit and run happened last week and I followed this woman for about 6 miles till' I was close enough to get her plate numbers too.

So time will tell if that will work out like the first time. People suck and it scares me more thinking that could have happened on my bike and these fools would have left me for dead.

In Canada, your credit score has sweet fuck all to do with your insurance. It's your driving record.

As a "new rider"- Ive been licensed to ridE less than 2 years, there's only one or 2 companies in Ontario that'll touch me. State Farm is the cheaper of the two. Forget that my record as a driver over the past 16 years is flawless, no at-faults and no actual claims.
If you're in Ontario and have been riding less than 2 years you're still looked at like some 16 year old kid with a trio of DUIs who's daddy just got him a MV.
I will be paying $124/month.
Yes, that's per MONTH. That's for basic coverage on a 30 year old 650. Part of the reason my project has been stalled the past 8 months haha. Hoping that if I don't bother with it until I've been licensed more than the minimum

cosworth said:
In Canada, your credit score has sweet fuck all to do with your insurance. It's your driving record.

This used to be true, but not anymore. the Canadian companies are now jacking rates for folks with poor scores or no credit.

We use Shelter. Have four vehicles (Brand new Tacoma is $65 a month for full coverage) and two bikes. A 73 CB500 is $60 a year, and a 94 CBR600F2 was $29 for the year.

Multi-car discounts, and a clean record have done me well.

I use progressive and my driving record lets just say is not exactly bad. It's worse lol. I'm on an SR22(not alcohol or drug related)right now just to have my license and for a car my payments was $180 a month. Then I switched to my bike and now I only pay $140 a year. Just a couple more years and it will be even cheaper,lol

Maritime said:
This used to be true, but not anymore. the Canadian companies are now jacking rates for folks with poor scores or no credit.

Not in BC. It's against the law.

The downside with government insurance that doesn't discriminate on wealth, age, credit etc is that they are also the motor vehicle branch or as Americans call it "the dmv".

If you walk in there to renew your insurance, you must pay all fines. If you can't they also hold your license. Pay your fines.

Back
Top Bottom