Oil preference??

shocwav3

Been Around the Block
I am just looking for some opinions, I figured this would have been covered a million times but I didnt see any in my search.

Anyway, what type of oil are you guys running in your bikes? I am most interested in the twins (thats what I own) but all info is good info.

The preference around here is for oil. After that it sort of gets unruly. We use a lot of Honda oil in our small bore twins. For a larger capacity twins with larger clearances, I'd probably use a different oil though.

For bedding in, almost any oil is fine. tests suggest that synthetics are not good for bedding in motors - at least modern ones, but it's fine for running after that.

The key to small hondas for example is frequent oil changes - lie every 1000 mile type frequent.

teazer said:
The preference around here is for oil. After that it sort of gets unruly. We use a lot of Honda oil in our small bore twins. For a larger capacity twins with larger clearances, I'd probably use a different oil though.

For bedding in, almost any oil is fine. tests suggest that synthetics are not good for bedding in motors - at least modern ones, but it's fine for running after that.

The key to small hondas for example is frequent oil changes - lie every 1000 mile type frequent.

I was planning on running a thousand between changes, or before the season ends which comes first. Good to know thats not overkill.

Back
Top Bottom