'76 RD 400 from Manitoba

azhrei

Hey all,
Saw the potential in the bike and had to pick it up.

rd400.jpg

Not sure what the master plan for it is yet, but it's starting with a tear down and a good cleaning. It'll just go from there.

Definite potential. Is it a runner? It won't take much to drop some wieght and clean her up.

Welcome to "The Sickness" and to the forum.

The bike sat for four years and wasn't running when I bought it. After cleaning the carbs and tooling around with the points it fires and runs.
Unfortunatly it's not going anywhere yet, the front brake caliper is seized. So the front end is off and as I wait for a replacement part the forks are getting a good clean and polish.
We just received a good dump of snow so it wont be hitting the road untill next spring. Just gives me time to make it look and run tip top.

Nice looks good! my neighbor has one, I hate riding behind him he has pipes "loud as shit". there a little touchy but cool enjoy that power band

Such a nice bike, I like the fact that there is a front and rear disc brake. Definitely has potential to be a good racer.

azhrei said:
Hey all,
Saw the potential in the bike and had to pick it up.

Welcome! Love the RD400 and it makes a great cafe racer, lots of options!

I too am in the process of building up an RD! Where are you located?

If you want to check out my build so far, go to http://rdracer.blogspot.com/ . Keep in touch, I'm looking forward to seeing how your RD progresses.

Moondog

Back
Top Bottom