'78kz here.

78kz

Over 1,000 Posts
Hi everyone. Name is Rob.
Been riding a bike since getting my M licence at 16 while living in Toronto.
Started with a 1972 CB125S in 1981. Putted around all over town with that thumper. Similar to this one:
CB125S.jpg

A year or so later bought my first CB350:
cb350.jpg

Ended up getting a buddies CB350 shortly after that. Rode them both with only one plate and Insurance at the time. :-[
Even got pulled over once on the wrong VIN #'d bike, but the officer didn't notice.

1984 I bought my '78 KZ 650. Pushed it home from Yonge and St.Clair to Bathurst and St. Clair, determined to get her home.

SilverRightSide.jpg

Rode both the CB350 and KZ650 to Northern Secondary School when I could. Sure beat taking the TTC.

Rode for ten years, living in the city. Around this time I also had a Winter car, a Skoda 120GLS, and a Summer car, an '85 Convertable Mustang 5.0. Having a convertable really cut into my bike riding days. ;D

1985Mustang.jpg

Then I met Sandi. We were married a year later, and soon had a baby boy. Bike went into storage at this time. Convertable was sold, as she was not too practical with a baby and all. :( We also moved out of the city to Stouffville. A cottage at Musselmans Lake actually. Small and cheap.
A few years later along came my second son.

After 10/11 years of storage, my '78 KZ 650 was brought out of storage. Been riding her the last few years and lovin it!

DSC00655.jpg

Hey ROb!!... Very nice!!...
I have a convertible and I believe its the perfect car for kids...especially babys..no doors to open!!...

I love the bikes, its great to see that yoú've kept the KZ all these years..

Cheers to that!!

locO leoN

Funny- I love convertibles, but I hate driving with the top down. Go figure.
That Quackie is nice. Is that the stock fairing? It looks so Avon-ish. I'm not a Kawasaki historian, but I don't remember any Japanese bikes with fairings that nice.

Having the top down on the convertable is what kept me off the bike for some years.

The fairing is not stock. It's a Rickman fairing I bought through Craiglist in Toronto. The little scoop down below is from a Honda VF500.

DSC00516.jpg

WinterModsRickmanOn1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom