#100!

Kuyarico said:
jdigga said:
What did I win? ;D

Welcome my brotha (from another mother). I believe Noel is giving out free Giuliuari seats. :p

HAHAH!!!.. YEP Indeed.. Welcome #100...
Your prize is a BIG SLOPPY WET KISS from none other than our famous TIM!!!... WOOHOOO!!!... ;D

Well, as member C (for you Latin folks), I may as well offer up a quick bio:

Name is Jay, 31yo, raised (not born) and live in Cleveland, Ohio. Only started riding at the tail end of last season, though as soon as I twisted the throttle for the first time, I wished I had learned how to ride 15 years ago.

The XS650 was my first bike which I got in August (I think). I got an old bike initially for the sake of a cheap scoot--it's not even worth the deductible on my insurance, but the more I got exposed to the vintage iron, the more I liked them. They have so much more style and character than modern bikes. I also have an old car in the garage and I would never give it up for its newer brethren for the same reason.

Here's a pic of the Yammy:
bikes-6.jpg

I really wanted an SOHC Honda, and one became available around October, so I picked that up. Looked pretty but had some issues the more I went over it. It's pretty much sorted out now, but right now it's sitting in the garage waiting for the snow to go away.

Here it is in it's present state:

cb750k8-2.jpg

Being a new rider I don't have any cool stories, but I do have a dumb one: in the same weekend as the MSF Basic Rider course in which I became the 4th person in 3 years to ace the evaluation (according to my instructor), I dumped my Yamaha (low-side) because I didn't put up my kickstand--the road went left but I went straight. The bike was more hurt than I, and I will never wear anything less than a full-face helmet.

I'm just excited to learn more about bikes and to just ride (damn Alberta clippers!) Hope to meet you fellas from the True North when you swing through Cleveland on your way to ProTeal's shindig in Chicago this summer.

WHAO... 4-2 Exhaust with TURN OUTS!!.. LOL... WICKED..
Thats the system that I want for my cb750... nice and LOUD..

Since I couldnt find that on e-bay, I just got a 4-4 drags... LOL..

Welcome Jay!!..

When you get more experience, you'll learn to throw your knee under the tank to save it from harm.

2 killer bikes. Don't ever feel ashamed about either one.

Noel, I want to know where you get those fancy Italian seats. I really want one, too.

Uncle Ernie said:
When you get more experience, you'll learn to throw your knee under the tank to save it from harm.

2 killer bikes. Don't ever feel ashamed about either one.

Noel, I want to know where you get those fancy Italian seats. I really want one, too.

Hey Uncle E... no prob man...
What bike is it for and what is the max you want to spend including shipping.
I'll source one for ya... its not as rare as everyone seems to think...LOL...
I recently found 2 for cb550s and there are bunch Giuliari's in various styles for cb750's floating around for anywhere 90-150Euros.
Usually shipping from germany via DHL is 42Euros.

Let me know.. or I can just post whatever I find on the for sale/ ebay section.

There are a ton of Giuliari cafe seats for KZs.

Cheers
N

Noel: Hehe, yeah they are pretty loud, very 70's chopper/cruiser too. This bike when I bought it had a giant padded sissy bar and ape hangers.

Uncle E: Actually, in the aftermath of my moment of indiscretion, luckily only minor parts took damage. I only had to get new handlebars (went from Euro style to the clubmans) and the left front turn signal. What saved me--or rather the bike--is that I ditched in dirt instead of pavement. I love my bikes--partly because they're inexpensive to ride, maintain, and insure, and partly because you simply don't see them on the road anymore. The Yamaha gets a lot of positive response, usually of the ilk of "Wow, I had one of those back in the day!"

Oh, Noel--add me to the list for the Giuliaris if you come across them--my seat looks like it belongs in an old guy's study ::) :p:

cb750k8-3.jpg

Hey Jay,

No problem..how much do you want to spend?

I"ll just post what ever I come across on the for sale section/ebay section.

Cheers,

noel

The XS650, especially, is very versatile and can easily adopt a flat-track or cafe guise easily. Should you decide to go that way.

Noel, I have seats already made, but one of those seats would look good on my W650 OR the CB400F. I spend way stupid on my bikes. The W already has an alloy tank on it, and I'm completing a couple of petcocks for the 400/4 tank.
Isn't it amazing how long it can take for what should be- basically- adjustments...

Uncle Ernie said:
The XS650, especially, is very versatile and can easily adopt a flat-track or cafe guise easily. Should you decide to go that way.

Noel, I have seats already made, but one of those seats would look good on my W650 OR the CB400F. I spend way stupid on my bikes. The W already has an alloy tank on it, and I'm completing a couple of petcocks for the 400/4 tank.
Isn't it amazing how long it can take for what should be- basically- adjustments...

I thougth you might be interested in this for your cb400f - Giuliari seat specifically for that bike...

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=176.0

Hehe, according to mikesxs.com's XS Model ID Chart it's "New Ruby Red" but mmm, yeah--it's purple. :D

Thanks for the thought Leon. For some reason, I figured they kind of all looked like the ones I've seen on 750s. That graphic/white line stuff just seems gratuitous and busy. I have a custon seat made on the stock pan, patterend after a GB500 seat, but it seems a little chunky... This project is to turning out like I wanted.
I guess I'll have to keep my eyes on the road intead of the bike.

Welcome jdigga.

Nice bikes you have there. Both have quite the following.

Noel, if you see some G seats for the KZ650s, post them up.

78kz said:
Welcome jdigga.

Nice bikes you have there. Both have quite the following.

Noel, if you see some G seats for the KZ650s, post them up.

There are a Ton of Giuliari seats for teh KZ.. I just saw one go for 75euros.
I posted up some in the ebay section

Equus said:
LOL Purple Rocks!
I have a purple bike too! (can ya tell? lol)
I am thinking of making my own site devoted to them..LOL ;D (joke)

Hey Noel, can you make a "Purple Bikes" section on this site? ;D

jdigga said:
Equus said:
LOL Purple Rocks!
I have a purple bike too! (can ya tell? lol)
I am thinking of making my own site devoted to them..LOL ;D (joke)

Hey Noel, can you make a "Purple Bikes" section on this site? ;D

LOL. Seriously??.. Sure.. jsut for you and Elaine...

Back
Top Bottom