'71 CB450 in Chicago

nine16

My name is Adam. I live in Chicago and my '71 CB 450 project is nearing completion--well, as much as any custom bike can be completed. I guess I should put most of the photos and accounts in the "big ass projects" section as this would surely qualify. The bike is pretty much unrecognizeable as a Honda, and as a Ducati guy with an appreciation for British cafe style, I think you will be able to see my influences.
paint010.jpg

paint035.jpg

IS THAT CREAM OR WHITE.

B. U. T. FULL. LOVE THE COLOR REMINDE ME OF THE NEW MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA.

LOVE THE LINES TO

NOW RIDE HARD AND GET IT DIRTY

It's white, but not super-bright appliance white. It's a little more antique white, but definitely not cream. The silver stripes are a pretty decent match for the powdercoated frame.

Welcome man...
Thats gonna be one very nice ride when its done!!...

Very nice!! Looking forward to seeing in around the city this spring.

How do you like the kit from Benjis? I have been contemplating one of their tanks.

The BCR stuff is decent (this tank/tail is all steel). Hopefully I can get the pipes to line up a bit better than they currently are...

Right now, the bike is getting pretty close to road-worthy except we've had one set back: the left cylinder has no compression since the exhaust valve won't fully close. Terry Naughtin now has to pull the head off again but he can't do it until after Daytona.

After that, it's pretty much just fabricating the rearset brackets out of the half inch aluminum plate I bought and sorting the linkage.

Also got a set of Marchesini 5 spokes for my 748 this week, so I'll mount those up at some point.

Picture004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom