Need a title?? Easy Peasy from the Great State of Maine!!

diesel450

"Fast with a past"
DTT BOTM WINNER
If you are having title woes I may be able to help. I live in Maine, a non title state, and I have had success helping people in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida and Mississippi to get titles for their bikes. Its actually pretty easy and totally legal and legit. Thank god for loop holes!! basically you "sell" me your bike and I "sell" it back to you. I can provide references.

PM me for deets

Theres a 71 Honda SL 175 in the garage that will need your assistance sir. I will be in touch shortly.

diesel450 said:
If you are having title woes I may be able to help. I live in Maine, a non title state, and I have had success helping people in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida and Mississippi to get titles for their bikes. Its actually pretty easy and totally legal and legit. Thank god for loop holes!! basically you "sell" me your bike and I "sell" it back to you. I can provide references.

PM me for deets

A walking profit blessed by the 2 wheeled motor gods.

KrashManhatten said:
A walking profit blessed by the 2 wheeled motor gods.

Well, there is "profit" involved here somewhere ;) so lets not get too carried away. good service at a very reasonable rate. I really just cover the costs of insurance and registration and a bit of my time. I love beating the man!! ;D

Man there's a lot of you out there with problems. I've had about a dozen pms on this already! I have registered bikes here with BOS written on bar napkins and old envelopes. I'm actually looking into how many bikes I can buy and sell in a year without having to become a dealer!

i think its around 5... least it is for the state of NY. become a dealer man! i know that way more then 5 bikes will pass through my hands a year if i had the time/space.

so what would happen if someone had a title for the bike in their name, like say they sold it at a garage sale for parts because it was so old, then were looking at ebay and find it totally restored, could they make a claim on it? that's the only thing that would worry me, though I think all the bikes I have, I also have a paper title, but this sounds like a good service when the original seller can't be found and they already signed the damn thing over to joe schmoe who sold it to you...

Sean raises a good point. And when I talk to people I try to weed out the obvious trouble situations. But there are risks involved with buying untitled vehicles and you assumed them when you bought said vehicle. At least this way if you do end up with a problem you didn't spend a grand to get it on the road.

Really, I don't know why so many people have problems getting their bikes registered. I live in rhode island which is a non-title state as well but in order to not need a title you have to have an old registration and bill of sale, but I found a very easy loop hole which should work in ANY state. Go to a used car dealership and ask them if they'll write you a dealer bill of sale and offer them $100 or something. I already did it for a member on the board and it worked like a charm. The theory behind it is that a dealership bill of sale is basically a title. I'm curious to see if someone in another state can do this and see if it works as well. If someone else does try it in another state other than rhode island I'd like a pm to let Memphis how you make out.

Dude, your killin' my business. ;D

seriously though, I have talked with people that have tried that to no avail. some states are picky about anything instate and some dealers have bad reps. Some states if you're in state and you don't have a T-I-T-L-E title you are out of luck. A couple people have used title services and had no luck, but a vehicle coming in from out of state through a private sale is no problem. makes no sense really. Oh, wait, its the government. :p ::)

rockcitycafe said:
so what would happen if someone had a title for the bike in their name, like say they sold it at a garage sale for parts because it was so old, then were looking at ebay and find it totally restored, could they make a claim on it? that's the only thing that would worry me, though I think all the bikes I have, I also have a paper title, but this sounds like a good service when the original seller can't be found and they already signed the damn thing over to joe schmoe who sold it to you...

Always get a bill of sale, and have a witness sign it.

Diesel... If a couple deals Im working on go through, I could personally keep you in business for years. Hahahaha

I know that, I, for one will be using your service very soon! Thanks for sticking your neck out for us!

Funny thing is I keep getting the same guy at DMV. after the 3rd or 4th one he asked if I was a collector.

How long before the state figures you out and you get shut down?

Or do you think that because of how your doing things...they can't really?

I really want a XS650 and there are few locally that don't have titles...

Deal is I'm not doing anything illegal. I am buying and selling motorcycles. the only things I have to worry about is having paperwork for each sale, in case there's an issue with that sale and if I start selling a whole lot I will have to get set up as a dealer which I'm working on anyway. There is no law against you selling me your bike and me registering it and then selling it back to you. This is what I'm doing.

PM'd you. Im new to the site, but not new to building these bikes. NM is one heck of a place to try to get a title.

Back
Top Bottom