"Show off your jacket" thread

Me in my main leather, vintage Hein Gericke

230510_2007449268511_1312057814_2426474_1870581_n.jpg

Check out what the wife came home with! A friend of hers spotted this at a yard sale and thought of us.
It's a kids size 3X. Made by Avenir? I remember them making lower end cycling gear when I was a kid?
Real leather, the thing weighs 7 lbs. It's a little bit big for my boy now, but next year he'll be the baddest lil rocker in pre school!
IMG_0184.jpg

He started riding his bike with no training wheels last summer, age 3. I think he'll be ready for a mini bike soon. He's gonna be hell on wheels!

Speedfiend said:
Check out what the wife came home with! A friend of hers spotted this at a yard sale and thought of us.
It's a kids size 3X. Made by Avenir? I remember them making lower end cycling gear when I was a kid?
Real leather, the thing weighs 7 lbs. It's a little bit big for my boy now, but next year he'll be the baddest lil rocker in pre school!
IMG_0184.jpg

He started riding his bike with no training wheels last summer, age 3. I think he'll be ready for a mini bike soon. He's gonna be hell on wheels!

OMFG! That is amazing! Pair it with a Cramps tee and that kid will be a killer!

That kid is going to have the back of an oxen if you make him wear it for a year. It's never too early.

Just finished my new (old) Rockers Jacket. re-styled one of my biker jackets w/ some patches, studs and pins. Pretty sure no one in my neck of the woods has one like it! i thought the Woulf leather ones DCC sells were expensive but after buying all the stuff and puting about 5 hours of labor into it i'd say they are fairly priced.

Attachments

• DSC_0080.JPG
    DSC_0080.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • DSC_0081.JPG
    DSC_0081.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,154
  • DSC_0083.JPG
    DSC_0083.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 1,167
  • DSC_0085.JPG
    DSC_0085.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 334
My brother bought it at some vintage shop back in the day. When i bought my first motorcycle i decided to look through the closets at my parents' house for something to ride in and i found it. Tried it on and it fit perfectly. I had a guy offer $200 to buy it off my back once...

I don't know about slash cut pockets but its got cool elbow pads. I went down in the canyons wearing it and I was happy that i was.

Weight loss is a killer in terms of jackets. I went from 224 to 144 in a few months - completely ruined my wardrobe. What kind of protection does that ironclad denim jacket provide? My mom bought me this Arizona faux leather jacket from JCP when she heard I bought an old motorcycle - i doubt it'll offer much protection.

Matthew said:
Weight loss is a killer in terms of jackets. I went from 224 to 144 in a few months - completely ruined my wardrobe.

Wow, how did you accomplish that? And don't tell me pancreatic cancer or shipwreck.

DrJ said:
Wow, how did you accomplish that? And don't tell me pancreatic cancer or shipwreck.
Close to both actually. Diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Pretty severe. So prior to massive dieting I was actually becoming malnourished from the disease. Once I was diagnosed I stopped eating all junk food - ALL. It's really easy to stop eating when everything makes you sick haha. So essentially, I consumed vitamins, rice and large quantities of diet coke for 6 months.

Sorry you went through that. I thought you've discovered the miracle cure for weight loss.

Matthew said:
Close to both actually. Diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Pretty severe. So prior to massive dieting I was actually becoming malnourished from the disease. Once I was diagnosed I stopped eating all junk food - ALL. It's really easy to stop eating when everything makes you sick haha. So essentially, I consumed vitamins, rice and large quantities of diet coke for 6 months.

coke has no gluten in it - what difference would that make? Also, celiac disease is NOTHING compared to pancreatic cancer. I've got celiac disease and type 1 diabetes.

man+the+fuck+up.png

Back
Top Bottom