Jet question

Snejkaj

I tried searching, but failed.
My CB650 has podfilters and missfire at low revs and full throttle. If I drive in 5th in 50 mph and give it full throttle it just gurgles. Shift to 4th and it revs as it should.

Is this to big main jet?

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

it could be many things, but do a plug chop at WOT in 5th to see if you're too rich or too lean.

Typically too small a jet. What exhaust? What kind of pods? Do they have clear passage for the carbs? On my 850 the only pods that would work are Uniflow. Eexpensive but they work. The Emgo and KnN didnt.

JMO

For now emgo pods. Better ones are in the mail. 4-2 exhaust. Not oem. Sito I think.

Path is as clear as it can be:)
2feb49b52cd3db402e07cbff9a8f0ad6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

Good chance they could need a bigger jet, but often the case is those style pods are blocking these jets:

Attachments

• 650carbs.jpg
    650carbs.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 188
irk miller said:
Good chance they could need a bigger jet, but often the case is those style pods are blocking these jets:
Good input! Which pods are recommended? I have a set of Ramair in it's way to me.

Problem solved! It was severe lack of fuel... to small jet AND clogged fuel filter. No I have #120 main jet and free flowing fuel. Runs like a dream! :D

Sweet! Going up on the jet is because of those filters. Too much air.

Back
Top Bottom