1985 Honda VF700S Sabre

Mags

Hello all. Just picked up this old 85 Honda Sabre for a mere $900. It runs perfectly and only has 15xxx miles! Plans are to attempt to café/streetfight this thing. Got a set of 37mm clip ons and a 7" rounded headlamp on the way as we speak. The rear section is going to be tricky as all hell. Any advice would be appreciated. Plans are to maintain the rear section for a comfortable 2 up.

Search up Hackaweek on YouTube - he did a whole series of videos on a cafe Sabre.

Turned out pretty good:

fairing-with-wings.jpg

Lol thanks for the reply. He appears to be the only one who has done a full café conversion. Which honestly is why I decided to go with this motorcycle. I think the rarity of it is nice.

He spent a lot of time glassing up that tank but ended up switching for an Interceptor tank (I think). Pretty sure the ethanol killed the glass tank.

Spent some time chopping away at it today. Installed the new clip on handlebars and the round headlamp. Also removed the instrument cluster and installed the speedo on its own.

Not sure if anyone is even following but I've got new headlight brackets in which give it a lower height to help give the tank that aggressiveness.

Looks good so far. That motor is nice. Hauls ass. I built.a magna for a buddy and not my Style bike but the V4 was nice. The sabre Riding position is much better and should end up being a blast.

You're totally right man. It's pretty comfortable but i couldn't help but notice it's kind of a tall bike. I'm 5'10" and my feet barely touch the ground. Luckily the new seat will drop the riding position a bit. Thought about trying a CBR shock but I don't think itll be worth it.

Guy on ebay hand makes them. SCO customs. This seat will allow me to 2up and not look so funny

Thanks guys. Tank is from a 98 cbr f3. Had to beat the living sht out of it to make it work. Not worth the effort but i ordered it off ebay and i hate to waste money lol.

Back
Top Bottom