1973 CB350F New Mexico Special

Kobalamyn

Whats up all? I've been a lurker for quite some time, posted a couple of times on another account, But no longer have that email account assigned to that username so here's a fresh one.

I picked up a 1973 CB350F from a friend's father in law. Guy owned it since 1974, and luckily for me kept it in the shed ever since. The story goes that the original owner of the bike put about 5000 miles on it before he was hit by a car and bent the rear wheel. He then decided to sell it in the condition it was when the second owner bought it. The guy I bought it from replaced all the parts, and wanted to make it a cafe racer (back in 1974) but never completed it. So it sat in the first picture condition for almost 30 years. We dug it out and started working on it.

Bike is in amazing condition, absolutely no rust and the wheels hold air. Just dirty. I'm aiming to make it resemble the Tranchulas CB350.
b9JXTTU.jpg

My buddy Jessie is a bit too large for this one. He has a KZ550 as seen in the other pictures.
V7YHYhZ.jpg

JUyjysj.jpg

avTNaTM.jpg

CbU9MSG.jpg

MZ6LMbI.jpg

K5jict2.jpg

And as for this 100% complete beauty, also the PO's. Bought it brand new in 1973. Put it in the shed 20+ years ago, but promised it to his daughter when he did. Been sitting there ever since and he'd be happy to sell it to me. Except his daughter (50 yr old) (who doesn't ride motorcycles) flipped her shit when she caught wind that we wanted to work on it (no strings attached, just get it running for him) and accused us of "trying to steal it from him." So it is in his garage. Probably until he kicks the bucket. Then probably gonna be sitting in her garage til she does too.
m2nRSRU.jpg

5yfZ7TX.jpg

tlRh8ar.jpg

Cool! I'm doing a 350F myself, so I'll be keeping an eye on your build.

Good Luck!

Robb

This bike is in such good condition to begin with that I literally am already at the painting stage.
VHT high temp is amazingly smooth and covers well. Helps to clean every metal piece with brake cleaner to ensure a clean surface.

XFZEHZQ.jpg

Getting everything painted.
mXrDoH2.jpg

S0Nzq1r.jpg

Looi7Xv.jpg

LZg1Fc9.jpg

yFGCybp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom