Post a pic of your latest purchase

This is a fix for really the only issue the ZRX has. The starter/alternator chain will eventually bounce off the clutch basket during hard decel. It's not a catastrophic sort of thing but does eventually need looking at. Back when I put a new clutch in, it was just barely starting to be noticeable. James Compton makes the sexiest ZRX's on the planet and makes lots of nice stuff for them. I'll do the install on this over the winter. It's still riding season here.

Attachments

• zrx_tensioner.jpg
    zrx_tensioner.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 204
canyoncarver said:
This is a fix for really the only issue the ZRX has.
Hmmmmm....

I've salvaged three of them, been on ZRXOA since the early 2000s, and have never heard of this.

Hope my 01/03 1200R never needs it...

grandpaul said:
Hmmmmm....

I've salvaged three of them, been on ZRXOA since the early 2000s, and have never heard of this.

Hope my 01/03 1200R never needs it...

I've been on ZRXOA for quite awhile too.

There is a member on ZRXOA (kwick) who also makes a tensioner mod because of this issue.

Maritime said:
I got some upgrades for the GL1000 for installing over the winter:
61-QDBCmD3L._SX679_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Hey, Mike. When this gets in, will you tell me if it has one or two magnets? I have a cam I modified for another bike, but changed it up, so I need to make a replacement for my GL kit.

irk miller said:
Hey, Mike. When this gets in, will you tell me if it has one or two magnets? I have a cam I modified for another bike, but changed it up, so I need to make a replacement for my GL kit.

Sure, I should have it on Sat I think. Waiting for all the stuff to land in Maine before I go get it. that is there now. waiting on the coils still

But, you'll miss all of the fun of changing point$ and reseting timing!. I'm thinking about using the Ford modules, just using the points to trigger them.

Got handed a freebie welder the other day...
IMG_5456_zpsg357ulsm.jpg

Any reviews/opinions for home use?
The plug has been cut off of it (not an issue as I would prefer to have it the same as the HF wire welder), but it seems to be the newer version of the stick welder I already have.
Should I hang onto it, or pay it forward to someone less fortunate?

Was it cut off, or was it hard wired? My dad gave me a Miller similar to that and I kept it for two years, never used it, and sold it on Craigslist. Between MIG and O/A, I never really had a use for it.

I could do this 3 times a day I have an eBay/amazon addiction

HBMoto Hub kangaroo made it.

Attachments

• ED768F23-5F31-4AE2-ADC3-4B4B9CEF840B.jpeg
    ED768F23-5F31-4AE2-ADC3-4B4B9CEF840B.jpeg
    782.8 KB · Views: 206
I bought a 1982 XT200 for $500 that I plan to trade for a CB550 chopper.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2190.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 217
We have to set up the official exchange, but it looks like that XT up there is going to cyclefreak and I’m getting this CB550 chopper and a bunch of parts. Horse trading is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
Back
Top Bottom