I have a dilemma

Screwed and Tattooed

Been Around the Block
well, I was going to pick up my next project this week. I was going to go with a cb350t for $400 , it runs but needs work . i was going to strip it down anyhow . however I was at a friends house tonight picking up his sportster gas tank that im painting for him. Then he tells me his dad is selling the bike in the corner of the garage , a very nice condition 79 dohc cb750 , original owner 9,000 miles. its been setting for a few years , nothing a good cleaning and tune up wont take care of . hes going to let me take it off it his hands for $500 . now i dont know what to do , if it was a sohc 750 it would be in my garage tonight but im not so sure on the dohc , and im also a sucker for little bikes and was set on building a skinny tire racer .

ahhaah. im going to play the devil on your shoulder.....

think of all the power!
the noise!
the crazy dual cam chain!
}:)

Don't forget the extra insurance cost you're likely to pay on a 750. I'd go for the smaller bike, even though the 750 seems like a deal.

Or if you're like most of the folks on the board, buy both :) If you can get the 750 up and running for next to nothing, buy it, fix it and sell it for 2 - 3x what you paid for it. It will pay for the 350.

Im gonna go with the cb350 for now , and probably go buy the cb750 next month since it belogs to people that have been friends of the family for as long as i can remember, i know it wont be going anywhere

I'd get the 750... Clean, polish, tune up. Resell for a grand, then buy the 350 with money to burn on all those sweet cafe parts.

BTW, my insurance on my 82 GS850 is 80 bucks a YEAR. Just if you were wondering about insurance cars. Call Progressive.

loudest143

Screwed and Tattooed said:
Im gonna go with the cb350 for now , and probably go buy the cb750 next month since it belogs to people that have been friends of the family for as long as i can remember, i know it wont be going anywhere

Good idea.. Juz let them know that ur interested but currently short in cash flow.. Work on the CB350 first while ur at it.. At the same time try to coax ur family friend give it to ya for free.. Its better than paying for it... hehehe

junkyard jon said:
whats a 350 :p

"The Honda CB350 was a 325cc twin-cylinder, four-stroke motorcycle produced by Honda between 1968 and 1973". ~ excerp from Wikipedia.

1972cb350.jpg

(pix taken from Wikipedia)

fastlee84 said:
"The Honda CB350 was a 325cc twin-cylinder, four-stroke motorcycle produced by Honda between 1968 and 1973". ~ excerp from Wikipedia.

1972cb350.jpg

(pix taken from Wikipedia)

For a second I was trying to figure out what that round thing was on the back of the bike. Then I realized it was a bird bath.

it's actually the 350's warp drive, only a few of those models were produced.

yes, and buy both of the bikes, sell what you don't want.

kbmx613 said:
For a second I was trying to figure out what that round thing was on the back of the bike. Then I realized it was a bird bath.

It was a bird bath?? I thought it was for recon purposes. Just like the one in AWACS E-3A Sentinel. Hehehhe..Juz 4 laugh..

awac-e_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom